College’s young strikers up for the cup
- Credit: Archant
Young footballers at Exmouth Community College are ready to mix it with the best in England after a storming start to their season.
The college’s year nine boys’ team have reached the last 32 in the National Cup, having made it through from more than 600 schools which started the competition in September.
There have been wins along the way against Tiverton, St Luke’s, Torquay Boys, Paignton and last Thursday, November 27, against Mounts Bay from Penzance in a 5-1 victory.
The team is also enjoying success in the Devon Cup, having earlier this month knocked out reigning champions Devonport with a 3-2 win.
Coach Ian Taylor said: “The squad are producing some outstanding performances, playing excellent football.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m extremely proud of their achievements so far. It is an exciting time for all involved.”
- 1 Body of girl, 13, found on Exmouth beach
- 2 Lets welcome visitors back to beautiful area of the world
- 3 Work continues on seafront sensory garden
- 4 Two seats up for grabs in town council by-election
- 5 Changes to polling stations for upcoming elections
- 6 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 7 East Budleigh 2nds 2-1 Millwey Rise
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 Latest from the Devon Cricket League
- 10 Glowing tributes paid to Exmouth RNLI ‘legend’ Tim Mock