College’s young strikers up for the cup
- Credit: Archant
Young footballers at Exmouth Community College are ready to mix it with the best in England after a storming start to their season.
The college’s year nine boys’ team have reached the last 32 in the National Cup, having made it through from more than 600 schools which started the competition in September.
There have been wins along the way against Tiverton, St Luke’s, Torquay Boys, Paignton and last Thursday, November 27, against Mounts Bay from Penzance in a 5-1 victory.
The team is also enjoying success in the Devon Cup, having earlier this month knocked out reigning champions Devonport with a 3-2 win.
Coach Ian Taylor said: “The squad are producing some outstanding performances, playing excellent football.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m extremely proud of their achievements so far. It is an exciting time for all involved.”
- 1 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 2 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
- 3 Exmouth Harrier wins British Masters marathon
- 4 Repair cafe opens again
- 5 Chair of council is the right man for the job
- 6 Funding boost means park team can get their skates on
- 7 Communities complete vital work to protect future development
- 8 The virus brought into focus many problems that were already there
- 9 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
- 10 Estuary team invite families to go wild with summer activities