College’s young strikers up for the cup
- Credit: Archant
Young footballers at Exmouth Community College are ready to mix it with the best in England after a storming start to their season.
The college’s year nine boys’ team have reached the last 32 in the National Cup, having made it through from more than 600 schools which started the competition in September.
There have been wins along the way against Tiverton, St Luke’s, Torquay Boys, Paignton and last Thursday, November 27, against Mounts Bay from Penzance in a 5-1 victory.
The team is also enjoying success in the Devon Cup, having earlier this month knocked out reigning champions Devonport with a 3-2 win.
Coach Ian Taylor said: “The squad are producing some outstanding performances, playing excellent football.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m extremely proud of their achievements so far. It is an exciting time for all involved.”
- 1 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 2 ‘Thank you, I've got my Winnie back’ - man’s relief after dog collapsed on the seafront
- 3 New Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine being rolled out in Devon
- 4 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 5 Rotarian laptops and tablets appeal for home schooling
- 6 ‘He’s a natural’ - landscape designer Jacob’s Oxford College success
- 7 Jon Sopel event boosts St Peters’ Chromebook appeal
- 8 Former Exmouth school volunteer recognised with marine conservation award
- 9 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 10 Ban for driver who injured cyclist in Budleigh