College’s young strikers up for the cup
- Credit: Archant
Young footballers at Exmouth Community College are ready to mix it with the best in England after a storming start to their season.
The college’s year nine boys’ team have reached the last 32 in the National Cup, having made it through from more than 600 schools which started the competition in September.
There have been wins along the way against Tiverton, St Luke’s, Torquay Boys, Paignton and last Thursday, November 27, against Mounts Bay from Penzance in a 5-1 victory.
The team is also enjoying success in the Devon Cup, having earlier this month knocked out reigning champions Devonport with a 3-2 win.
Coach Ian Taylor said: “The squad are producing some outstanding performances, playing excellent football.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m extremely proud of their achievements so far. It is an exciting time for all involved.”
- 1 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 2 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 3 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 4 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 5 Early detection increases chances of successful treatment
- 6 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 7 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 8 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 9 Who blinked first? A defining moment in humanity's existence
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon