College’s gridiron team backing charity
- Credit: Archant
Exmouth Community College’s American football players are showing their support for a charity which works with victims of brain injury.
The Exmouth Raptors are planning to hold a number of events in support of Headway Devon.
The effort started with a plant sale run by Raptors in coach Rob Rooksby’s post-16 tutor group.
They raised £20, which they have now presented to the charity, along with further plants for sale, at its recent coffee morning.
Mr Rooksby said: “I was really impressed with their selling skills because they sold something like 30 plants in about half an hour.
You may also want to watch:
“This is only the start of a number of events we will be running for Headway over the coming year.”
- 1 Changes to polling stations for upcoming elections
- 2 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 3 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 4 Plans for Beacon land to be used by hotel thrown out
- 5 As we look forward to a more normal life, what will your 'legacy hand' be?
- 6 Lympstone brothers raise funds and awareness as part of National Autism Week
- 7 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 8 Flowers blooming at All Saints for Easter
- 9 Exmouth Hospiscare centre gets cash boost from Freemasons
- 10 Next stop Queen’s Drive for Exmouth Miniature Railway!