College’s gridiron team backing charity
- Credit: Archant
Exmouth Community College’s American football players are showing their support for a charity which works with victims of brain injury.
The Exmouth Raptors are planning to hold a number of events in support of Headway Devon.
The effort started with a plant sale run by Raptors in coach Rob Rooksby’s post-16 tutor group.
They raised £20, which they have now presented to the charity, along with further plants for sale, at its recent coffee morning.
Mr Rooksby said: “I was really impressed with their selling skills because they sold something like 30 plants in about half an hour.
You may also want to watch:
“This is only the start of a number of events we will be running for Headway over the coming year.”
- 1 Stunning displays for this year's Britain in Bloom awards
- 2 Former pupil returns with inspiration after success in Paralympic Games
- 3 Creative thinking will connect artists across East Devon
- 4 Delay in Exmouth murder trial announced
- 5 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 6 Bouncing back with our Library of Things
- 7 County council leader re-elected as voice for South West
- 8 Budleigh Hub makes gearchange to Seachange
- 9 TV presenter Josie makes a splash at holiday park
- 10 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane