College’s gridiron team backing charity
- Credit: Archant
Exmouth Community College’s American football players are showing their support for a charity which works with victims of brain injury.
The Exmouth Raptors are planning to hold a number of events in support of Headway Devon.
The effort started with a plant sale run by Raptors in coach Rob Rooksby’s post-16 tutor group.
They raised £20, which they have now presented to the charity, along with further plants for sale, at its recent coffee morning.
Mr Rooksby said: “I was really impressed with their selling skills because they sold something like 30 plants in about half an hour.
“This is only the start of a number of events we will be running for Headway over the coming year.”
- 1 Chiefs' rebranding dignifies the club and city
- 2 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 3 Designated drivers offered free drinks this Christmas
- 4 Denley's wins top restaurant accolade at Asian Curry Awards
- 5 Exeter man guilty of threatening police officer on Exmouth seafront
- 6 Theatre group returns with 9 to 5 musical magic
- 7 Awesome Aaron earns Exmouth win with a worldie
- 8 Support your local traders in late-night shopping event
- 9 Round-Britain paddleboarder to address Budleigh Probus Club
- 10 Body of teenager found on beach in Exmouth