College’s gridiron team backing charity
- Credit: Archant
Exmouth Community College’s American football players are showing their support for a charity which works with victims of brain injury.
The Exmouth Raptors are planning to hold a number of events in support of Headway Devon.
The effort started with a plant sale run by Raptors in coach Rob Rooksby’s post-16 tutor group.
They raised £20, which they have now presented to the charity, along with further plants for sale, at its recent coffee morning.
Mr Rooksby said: “I was really impressed with their selling skills because they sold something like 30 plants in about half an hour.
You may also want to watch:
“This is only the start of a number of events we will be running for Headway over the coming year.”
- 1 Family pride for Kayleigh the Chief
- 2 New recycling centre permit scheme to kerb commercial dumping
- 3 Hospiscare thanks to businesses who raised £14,500
- 4 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 5 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 6 Covid-19 test may be daunting but protecting vulnerable is eesential
- 7 Couple walking from Exmouth to Swanage in memory of Pippa
- 8 Ban for driver who injured cyclist in Budleigh
- 9 Chamber inundated with snaps of Exmouth and Budleigh at sunrise and sunset
- 10 Bringing the 'Edwardian Man' into the 21st century - Piers Motley