College recognises pupils’ achievements
- Credit: Archant
Exmouth Community College has acclaimed its best and brightest at its annual premier awards.
The event saw pupils receiving prizes for success in different subjects, and for activities in the community, with winners receiving a framed certificate, a limited edition college-branded pen and cash prizes.
The Premier Cup for the best pupil overall went to Joyce Tang, who also received a £150 cash prize.
The full list of winners was as follows: Subject prize winners: Art, Elizabeth Reffell; Business Studies, Chloe Cook; Classics, Molly Seymour; Computing and ICT, Ross Coldrick; Dance, Megan Brinkworth and Hannah Jackson; Design and Technology, Jake Stubbings; Drama, Oliver Cressall; English, Ellen Chivers; Geography, Paige Mitchell; Health and Social Care, Emily Daly; History, Amber Richardson; Languages, Alfred Downs; Leisure and Tourism, Tahla Williams; Mathematics, Selena Hofman; Media, Joseph Marks-Chadwick; Music, Bethany Freer; PE and Sport, Oliver Toomey and Laura Barnes; Religious Education, Millie Harris; Science, Maria Bose.
Special prizes: STEM Award, Jacob Blackett and Alycia Carnall; Performing Arts Award, Harrison Goodair; Engineering Award, Joshua Harding; Bernard and Ann Hughes Citizenship Award, Cameron Conn; Geoff Ingram Community Award, Thomas Hartnell.
You may also want to watch:
Epraise Prize: Year Seven, Megan Ellis; Year Eight, Jasmine Sarvazdi; Year Nine, Rebecca Jackson; Year 10, Jacob Congreave.
Behaviour and Attitude Prize: Year Seven, Theodore Dickson; Year Eight, Harry Sprague; Year Nine, Elizabeth Jackson; Year 10, Nicholas Hofmann; Year 11, Katherine England.
- 1 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 2 ‘Thank you, I've got my Winnie back’ - man’s relief after dog collapsed on the seafront
- 3 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 4 New Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine being rolled out in Devon
- 5 Rotarian laptops and tablets appeal for home schooling
- 6 Jon Sopel event boosts St Peters’ Chromebook appeal
- 7 ‘He’s a natural’ - landscape designer Jacob’s Oxford College success
- 8 Dragon Patchers will continue to keep Devon's potholes filled
- 9 Mental health nurse turned patient gearing up for sponsored walk to fund book
- 10 Former Exmouth school volunteer recognised with marine conservation award
Rotary prizes: Individual Achievement Award: First, Tahla Williams; Second, Chloe Trayler; Third, Clare McLauchlin; Service to the Community Award: First, Thomas Nicholas; Second, Emily Seabrook; Third, Abigail Savage; Team Award: First, Enterprise Ambassadors; Second, Year Nine Boys Football Team; Third, Senior Sing.
Head of Year Prize: Year Seven, Helena Simpson; Year Eight, Alisha Cardwell; Year Nine, Jordan Nichols; Year 10, Megan Ruffle; Year 11, Benjamin Hopley.
Key Stage Three Service Prize, Thomas Nicholas; Key Stage Three Prize, Lisa England; Key Stage Four Service Prize, Emily Seabrook; Key Stage Four Prize: Laura Barnes. Premier Cup, Joyce Tang.