College pupils attend England rugby training
- Credit: Archant
Young rugby fans from Exmouth Community College have had a fantastic close-up look at the best in the game, after getting to watch a training session by the England national team.
Following PE teacher Stuart Lowe’s successful ticket application, 14 key stage three pupils made the trip to Twickenham Stadium to watch the team prepare for its opening Six Nations fixture against Scotland this Saturday.
The session began with new England head coach Eddie Jones speaking to the crowd and giving an insight to what was going to happen during the session.
Then the players came out for a session of more than one and a half hours with their coaches, including Steve Borthwick, who previously visited the college, and Paul Gustard.
At the end of the training session, some of the players took part in a question and answer session.
You may also want to watch:
The Exmouth pupils also managed to pick up some autographs.
- 1 Body of girl, 13, found on Exmouth beach
- 2 Lets welcome visitors back to beautiful area of the world
- 3 Work continues on seafront sensory garden
- 4 Two seats up for grabs in town council by-election
- 5 Changes to polling stations for upcoming elections
- 6 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 7 Latest from the Devon Cricket League
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 East Budleigh 2nds 2-1 Millwey Rise
- 10 Glowing tributes paid to Exmouth RNLI ‘legend’ Tim Mock