College pupils attend England rugby training
- Credit: Archant
Young rugby fans from Exmouth Community College have had a fantastic close-up look at the best in the game, after getting to watch a training session by the England national team.
Following PE teacher Stuart Lowe’s successful ticket application, 14 key stage three pupils made the trip to Twickenham Stadium to watch the team prepare for its opening Six Nations fixture against Scotland this Saturday.
The session began with new England head coach Eddie Jones speaking to the crowd and giving an insight to what was going to happen during the session.
Then the players came out for a session of more than one and a half hours with their coaches, including Steve Borthwick, who previously visited the college, and Paul Gustard.
At the end of the training session, some of the players took part in a question and answer session.
You may also want to watch:
The Exmouth pupils also managed to pick up some autographs.
- 1 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 4 Delay to train travel this weekend
- 5 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 6 Exmouth loses out on multi-million pound funding boost
- 7 Sound move to join singing group
- 8 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 9 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 10 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna