College pupils attend England rugby training
- Credit: Archant
Young rugby fans from Exmouth Community College have had a fantastic close-up look at the best in the game, after getting to watch a training session by the England national team.
Following PE teacher Stuart Lowe’s successful ticket application, 14 key stage three pupils made the trip to Twickenham Stadium to watch the team prepare for its opening Six Nations fixture against Scotland this Saturday.
The session began with new England head coach Eddie Jones speaking to the crowd and giving an insight to what was going to happen during the session.
Then the players came out for a session of more than one and a half hours with their coaches, including Steve Borthwick, who previously visited the college, and Paul Gustard.
At the end of the training session, some of the players took part in a question and answer session.
You may also want to watch:
The Exmouth pupils also managed to pick up some autographs.
- 1 There are some hard truths we need to accept about the pandemic
- 2 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 3 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 4 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 5 Reduced timetables for trains on Avocet Line, GWR announces
- 6 Stunning sunrise and sunset entries submitted for joint chamber contest
- 7 Police warning over fake Covid-19 vaccine texts scam
- 8 New year, new partnerships and opportunity - Laura Woodward-Drake
- 9 Budleigh Coronavirus Community Lifelines
- 10 Community thanked for help in setting up rapid testing centre at college