College gets down to business with Chamber
- Credit: Archant
Exmouth Community College pupils will find out more about the world of work thanks to a new partnership.
The college has teamed up with Exmouth Chamber of Commerce to give pupils practical experience of the business world.
As part of this, post-16 students were invited to the chamber’s recent business breakfast at the Manor Hotel. Heather Hirst, Matteo Dosi, Hamish Stewart and Jamie Dawson attended, and were able to network with businesses leaders, bank officials and dignitaries, and hear an Exmouth Rotary Club presentation.
As a result of the event, Jamie was able to secure support for a ‘boat hammock’ project he has developed from local businesses Big Fire and WNW Digital, which will also be working with the college on a project which will see students appraising a products and producing sales material for the Big Fire website.
Post-16 student Kate Brown has also worked with WNW Digital on its recent launch party.
Other initiatives planned between the college and the chamber include an enterprise support scheme, mentoring of pupils, and a business awards scheme.
- 1 How Devon's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 2 New look Co-op store for East Devon town
- 3 Decisions on future of our seafront must include a voice for all
- 4 What are the chances of a white Christmas in Devon?
- 5 Leisure centre team offers support for refugees in Exmouth
- 6 Seven rescue animals in Devon needing new forever homes
- 7 Local care partnership set up for Devon to prepare for winter
- 8 La La Choirs in full voice to support children's hospice
- 9 Exhibition celebrates artist's lifelong love affair with estuary
- 10 Remembering a teaching 'legend' who changed thousands of lives