College gets down to business with Chamber
- Credit: Archant
Exmouth Community College pupils will find out more about the world of work thanks to a new partnership.
The college has teamed up with Exmouth Chamber of Commerce to give pupils practical experience of the business world.
As part of this, post-16 students were invited to the chamber’s recent business breakfast at the Manor Hotel. Heather Hirst, Matteo Dosi, Hamish Stewart and Jamie Dawson attended, and were able to network with businesses leaders, bank officials and dignitaries, and hear an Exmouth Rotary Club presentation.
As a result of the event, Jamie was able to secure support for a ‘boat hammock’ project he has developed from local businesses Big Fire and WNW Digital, which will also be working with the college on a project which will see students appraising a products and producing sales material for the Big Fire website.
Post-16 student Kate Brown has also worked with WNW Digital on its recent launch party.
You may also want to watch:
Other initiatives planned between the college and the chamber include an enterprise support scheme, mentoring of pupils, and a business awards scheme.
- 1 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
- 2 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 3 Chair of council is the right man for the job
- 4 Funding boost means park team can get their skates on
- 5 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
- 6 Repair cafe opens again
- 7 The virus brought into focus many problems that were already there
- 8 Communities complete vital work to protect future development
- 9 Estuary team invite families to go wild with summer activities
- 10 Dealer took over vulnerable people's homes in Exmouth and Exeter