College gets down to business with Chamber
- Credit: Archant
Exmouth Community College pupils will find out more about the world of work thanks to a new partnership.
The college has teamed up with Exmouth Chamber of Commerce to give pupils practical experience of the business world.
As part of this, post-16 students were invited to the chamber’s recent business breakfast at the Manor Hotel. Heather Hirst, Matteo Dosi, Hamish Stewart and Jamie Dawson attended, and were able to network with businesses leaders, bank officials and dignitaries, and hear an Exmouth Rotary Club presentation.
As a result of the event, Jamie was able to secure support for a ‘boat hammock’ project he has developed from local businesses Big Fire and WNW Digital, which will also be working with the college on a project which will see students appraising a products and producing sales material for the Big Fire website.
Post-16 student Kate Brown has also worked with WNW Digital on its recent launch party.
You may also want to watch:
Other initiatives planned between the college and the chamber include an enterprise support scheme, mentoring of pupils, and a business awards scheme.
- 1 Work continues on seafront sensory garden
- 2 Budleigh Male Voice Choir resuming in-person rehearsals
- 3 Booktrack success for Fraya, 10
- 4 LED venues set out plans for reopening on roadmap out of lockdown
- 5 Climate Conversation programme for Exmouth and Honiton
- 6 Youngsters thriving in outdoor environment
- 7 Body of girl, 13, found on Exmouth beach
- 8 Lympstone relocation for Lawoofs Devon
- 9 Wild fire warning after camp fire remnants found at Bystock
- 10 Lifetime membership for Exmouth in Bloom’s 100th ‘friend’