College gets down to business with Chamber
- Credit: Archant
Exmouth Community College pupils will find out more about the world of work thanks to a new partnership.
The college has teamed up with Exmouth Chamber of Commerce to give pupils practical experience of the business world.
As part of this, post-16 students were invited to the chamber’s recent business breakfast at the Manor Hotel. Heather Hirst, Matteo Dosi, Hamish Stewart and Jamie Dawson attended, and were able to network with businesses leaders, bank officials and dignitaries, and hear an Exmouth Rotary Club presentation.
As a result of the event, Jamie was able to secure support for a ‘boat hammock’ project he has developed from local businesses Big Fire and WNW Digital, which will also be working with the college on a project which will see students appraising a products and producing sales material for the Big Fire website.
Post-16 student Kate Brown has also worked with WNW Digital on its recent launch party.
You may also want to watch:
Other initiatives planned between the college and the chamber include an enterprise support scheme, mentoring of pupils, and a business awards scheme.
- 1 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 2 Stunning sunrise and sunset entries submitted for joint chamber contest
- 3 Reduced timetables for trains on Avocet Line, GWR announces
- 4 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 5 Police warning over fake Covid-19 vaccine texts scam
- 6 Budleigh Coronavirus Community Lifelines
- 7 There are some hard truths we need to accept about the pandemic
- 8 New year, new partnerships and opportunity - Laura Woodward-Drake
- 9 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 10 'we're here to help' Budleigh Covid Support Group ready for action