College auction raises funds for new sports pitch
- Credit: Archant
A fundraising auction has been held at Exmouth Community College to support a new astroturf pitch at Withycombe Rugby Club, writes Sean Keywood.
The college uses the club’s facilities at present, and is keen to support the development of such a pitch, which will benefit the club, the college and the community.
The auction raised more than £2,500, with a great range of lots, including sailing trips, pub and restaurant meals, signed sports items and tickets to major sporting events, sold by East Devon MP and former Sotherby’s auctioneer Hugo Swire.
The evening also saw a performance by the college’s swing band.
The bar was supplied and manned by Withycombe Rugby Club, with refreshments by the college’s catering service.
You may also want to watch:
A college spokesman said the event was well attended, and helped to raise awareness of the scheme in the community.
They added that the college would like to thank all the sponsors who supported the evening, and all those who bid.
- 1 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 2 Withycombe Ladies announce new coach
- 3 As we look forward to a more normal life, what will your 'legacy hand' be?
- 4 Flowers blooming at All Saints for Easter
- 5 Exmouth Hospiscare centre gets cash boost from Freemasons
- 6 Plans for Beacon land to be used by hotel thrown out
- 7 Lympstone brothers raise funds and awareness as part of National Autism Week
- 8 Last-minute drama for East Budleigh
- 9 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 10 Seven-goal Brixington turn on the style