College auction raises funds for new sports pitch
- Credit: Archant
A fundraising auction has been held at Exmouth Community College to support a new astroturf pitch at Withycombe Rugby Club, writes Sean Keywood.
The college uses the club’s facilities at present, and is keen to support the development of such a pitch, which will benefit the club, the college and the community.
The auction raised more than £2,500, with a great range of lots, including sailing trips, pub and restaurant meals, signed sports items and tickets to major sporting events, sold by East Devon MP and former Sotherby’s auctioneer Hugo Swire.
The evening also saw a performance by the college’s swing band.
The bar was supplied and manned by Withycombe Rugby Club, with refreshments by the college’s catering service.
You may also want to watch:
A college spokesman said the event was well attended, and helped to raise awareness of the scheme in the community.
They added that the college would like to thank all the sponsors who supported the evening, and all those who bid.
- 1 New meeting place needed for nattering knitters
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Century celebrations ahead for wartime evacuee Joan
- 4 Young stage stars tell magical story of Matilda
- 5 Exmouth's 'kite twins' triumph in national freestyle championships
- 6 Fantastic fight night return for local boxing
- 7 Photographers invited to share their favourite images
- 8 Explanation needed for failure to fulfil election pledge
- 9 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 10 New live music festival is coming to Exmouth next year