College auction raises funds for new sports pitch
- Credit: Archant
A fundraising auction has been held at Exmouth Community College to support a new astroturf pitch at Withycombe Rugby Club, writes Sean Keywood.
The college uses the club’s facilities at present, and is keen to support the development of such a pitch, which will benefit the club, the college and the community.
The auction raised more than £2,500, with a great range of lots, including sailing trips, pub and restaurant meals, signed sports items and tickets to major sporting events, sold by East Devon MP and former Sotherby’s auctioneer Hugo Swire.
The evening also saw a performance by the college’s swing band.
The bar was supplied and manned by Withycombe Rugby Club, with refreshments by the college’s catering service.
A college spokesman said the event was well attended, and helped to raise awareness of the scheme in the community.
They added that the college would like to thank all the sponsors who supported the evening, and all those who bid.
- 1 Abolishing BBC licence fee is 'sparpling' from bigger issue
- 2 Exmouth care home launches new grant to tackle loneliness
- 3 How can you help Exmouth?
- 4 Temperatures drop to -5C in Devon - but how's the weekend looking?
- 5 Record level of police numbers will soon have a positive effect on our communities
- 6 Careless charity shop donors cost Devon Air Ambulance money
- 7 Exmouth Harriers turn to the Countryside
- 8 Live grenade training to resume on Woodbury Common from next month
- 9 Members of South West drugs gang jailed for combined 40 years
- 10 Law firm invites students to apply for work experience placements