College auction raises funds for new sports pitch
- Credit: Archant
A fundraising auction has been held at Exmouth Community College to support a new astroturf pitch at Withycombe Rugby Club, writes Sean Keywood.
The college uses the club’s facilities at present, and is keen to support the development of such a pitch, which will benefit the club, the college and the community.
The auction raised more than £2,500, with a great range of lots, including sailing trips, pub and restaurant meals, signed sports items and tickets to major sporting events, sold by East Devon MP and former Sotherby’s auctioneer Hugo Swire.
The evening also saw a performance by the college’s swing band.
The bar was supplied and manned by Withycombe Rugby Club, with refreshments by the college’s catering service.
You may also want to watch:
A college spokesman said the event was well attended, and helped to raise awareness of the scheme in the community.
They added that the college would like to thank all the sponsors who supported the evening, and all those who bid.
- 1 Delay in Exmouth murder trial announced
- 2 Medics start fundraising row from Exmouth to help life-saving charities
- 3 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 4 Community rallies round to make raffle a success and help Lions
- 5 Fairlynch Museum opens its doors for longer visits
- 6 Former pupil returns with inspiration after success in Paralympic Games
- 7 Shore anglers enjoy more success than charter boats
- 8 Rugby star Ben Moon’s Testimonial year begins
- 9 Budleigh Hub makes gearchange to Seachange
- 10 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane