College auction raises funds for new sports pitch
- Credit: Archant
A fundraising auction has been held at Exmouth Community College to support a new astroturf pitch at Withycombe Rugby Club, writes Sean Keywood.
The college uses the club’s facilities at present, and is keen to support the development of such a pitch, which will benefit the club, the college and the community.
The auction raised more than £2,500, with a great range of lots, including sailing trips, pub and restaurant meals, signed sports items and tickets to major sporting events, sold by East Devon MP and former Sotherby’s auctioneer Hugo Swire.
The evening also saw a performance by the college’s swing band.
The bar was supplied and manned by Withycombe Rugby Club, with refreshments by the college’s catering service.
You may also want to watch:
A college spokesman said the event was well attended, and helped to raise awareness of the scheme in the community.
They added that the college would like to thank all the sponsors who supported the evening, and all those who bid.
- 1 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown
- 2 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?
- 3 Budleigh café steps in to provide school lunch parcels
- 4 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 5 Open Door is here for the community during lockdown 3.0
- 6 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year
- 7 Rugby hopeful for a brighter summer
- 8 Sports-related projects set for £300,000 developer cash boost
- 9 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 10 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map