Churches host Lent lunches
- Credit: Archant
Four churches of different denominations in the Budleigh Salterton area are coming together to host a series of charity lunches over Lent.
The lunches will be in aid of Tear Fund – a leading relief and development charity that works with Christian agencies to tackle the causes and effects of poverty.
The first lunch is at the Baptist Church in Budleigh Salterton next Wednesday (February 27), followed a week later by All Saints Church in East Budleigh on March 6, Budleigh Methodist Church on March 13, and St Peter’s Church on March 20.
All the lunches start at noon, and consist of bread and a hearty vegetarian soup, followed by cheese and biscuits, coffee or tea.
The cost is £5 per head.
You may also want to watch:
A Traidcraft Stall will be run at each venue, except for East Budleigh which is too small.
Artefacts and crafts from developing countries will be on sale, the proceeds going to help the craftworkers.
- 1 Stunning displays for this year's Britain in Bloom awards
- 2 Bouncing back with our Library of Things
- 3 Exmouth Parkrun is back with a bang
- 4 Delay in Exmouth murder trial announced
- 5 TV presenter Josie makes a splash at holiday park
- 6 Creative thinking will connect artists across East Devon
- 7 Former pupil returns with inspiration after success in Paralympic Games
- 8 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 9 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
- 10 Budleigh Bowlers suffer in the sun
The Reverend Anne Charlton said: “The churches welcome all those who would like to join in – you don’t have to be a churchgoer.
“Lent is the time when we examine our own lives in relation to the lives of others, both those around us and further afield.”