Churches host Lent lunches
- Credit: Archant
Four churches of different denominations in the Budleigh Salterton area are coming together to host a series of charity lunches over Lent.
The lunches will be in aid of Tear Fund – a leading relief and development charity that works with Christian agencies to tackle the causes and effects of poverty.
The first lunch is at the Baptist Church in Budleigh Salterton next Wednesday (February 27), followed a week later by All Saints Church in East Budleigh on March 6, Budleigh Methodist Church on March 13, and St Peter’s Church on March 20.
All the lunches start at noon, and consist of bread and a hearty vegetarian soup, followed by cheese and biscuits, coffee or tea.
The cost is £5 per head.
You may also want to watch:
A Traidcraft Stall will be run at each venue, except for East Budleigh which is too small.
Artefacts and crafts from developing countries will be on sale, the proceeds going to help the craftworkers.
- 1 Family pride for Kayleigh the Chief
- 2 New recycling centre permit scheme to kerb commercial dumping
- 3 Ban for driver who injured cyclist in Budleigh
- 4 Covid-19 test may be daunting but protecting vulnerable is eesential
- 5 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 6 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 7 Chamber inundated with snaps of Exmouth and Budleigh at sunrise and sunset
- 8 Hospiscare thanks to businesses who raised £14,500
- 9 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year
- 10 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?
The Reverend Anne Charlton said: “The churches welcome all those who would like to join in – you don’t have to be a churchgoer.
“Lent is the time when we examine our own lives in relation to the lives of others, both those around us and further afield.”