Churches host Lent lunches
- Credit: Archant
Four churches of different denominations in the Budleigh Salterton area are coming together to host a series of charity lunches over Lent.
The lunches will be in aid of Tear Fund – a leading relief and development charity that works with Christian agencies to tackle the causes and effects of poverty.
The first lunch is at the Baptist Church in Budleigh Salterton next Wednesday (February 27), followed a week later by All Saints Church in East Budleigh on March 6, Budleigh Methodist Church on March 13, and St Peter’s Church on March 20.
All the lunches start at noon, and consist of bread and a hearty vegetarian soup, followed by cheese and biscuits, coffee or tea.
The cost is £5 per head.
You may also want to watch:
A Traidcraft Stall will be run at each venue, except for East Budleigh which is too small.
Artefacts and crafts from developing countries will be on sale, the proceeds going to help the craftworkers.
- 1 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 4 Delay to train travel this weekend
- 5 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 6 Exmouth loses out on multi-million pound funding boost
- 7 Sound move to join singing group
- 8 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 9 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 10 Council lobbies Government on behalf of young people
The Reverend Anne Charlton said: “The churches welcome all those who would like to join in – you don’t have to be a churchgoer.
“Lent is the time when we examine our own lives in relation to the lives of others, both those around us and further afield.”