Children plant willow sculpture
CHILDREN from Woodbury Salterton Primary School have combined art with nature to create a willow sculpture.
The sculpture was designed by local willow artist Barbara Clift, who based her designs on the children’s ideas.
The sculpture was then built in the field next to the school.
The children planted the willow themselves, with help from their parents.
The completed sculpture was designed to act as a shelter, and will now be used for playing in at lunchtimes and also for outdoor learning.
You may also want to watch:
The project was organised and funded by the school’s PTA.
- 1 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 4 Delay to train travel this weekend
- 5 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 6 Exmouth loses out on multi-million pound funding boost
- 7 Sound move to join singing group
- 8 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 9 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 10 Council lobbies Government on behalf of young people