Children plant willow sculpture
CHILDREN from Woodbury Salterton Primary School have combined art with nature to create a willow sculpture.
The sculpture was designed by local willow artist Barbara Clift, who based her designs on the children’s ideas.
The sculpture was then built in the field next to the school.
The children planted the willow themselves, with help from their parents.
The completed sculpture was designed to act as a shelter, and will now be used for playing in at lunchtimes and also for outdoor learning.
You may also want to watch:
The project was organised and funded by the school’s PTA.
- 1 Stunning displays for this year's Britain in Bloom awards
- 2 Bouncing back with our Library of Things
- 3 Exmouth Parkrun is back with a bang
- 4 Delay in Exmouth murder trial announced
- 5 TV presenter Josie makes a splash at holiday park
- 6 Creative thinking will connect artists across East Devon
- 7 Former pupil returns with inspiration after success in Paralympic Games
- 8 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 9 Budleigh Bowlers suffer in the sun
- 10 RBL seeks new Poppy Appeal organisers