Children plant willow sculpture
CHILDREN from Woodbury Salterton Primary School have combined art with nature to create a willow sculpture.
The sculpture was designed by local willow artist Barbara Clift, who based her designs on the children’s ideas.
The sculpture was then built in the field next to the school.
The children planted the willow themselves, with help from their parents.
The completed sculpture was designed to act as a shelter, and will now be used for playing in at lunchtimes and also for outdoor learning.
You may also want to watch:
The project was organised and funded by the school’s PTA.
- 1 Body of girl, 13, found on Exmouth beach
- 2 Lets welcome visitors back to beautiful area of the world
- 3 Work continues on seafront sensory garden
- 4 Two seats up for grabs in town council by-election
- 5 Changes to polling stations for upcoming elections
- 6 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 7 Latest from the Devon Cricket League
- 8 East Budleigh 2nds 2-1 Millwey Rise
- 9 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 10 Glowing tributes paid to Exmouth RNLI ‘legend’ Tim Mock