Children plant willow sculpture
CHILDREN from Woodbury Salterton Primary School have combined art with nature to create a willow sculpture.
The sculpture was designed by local willow artist Barbara Clift, who based her designs on the children’s ideas.
The sculpture was then built in the field next to the school.
The children planted the willow themselves, with help from their parents.
The completed sculpture was designed to act as a shelter, and will now be used for playing in at lunchtimes and also for outdoor learning.
You may also want to watch:
The project was organised and funded by the school’s PTA.
- 1 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 2 Reduced timetables for trains on Avocet Line, GWR announces
- 3 Police warning over fake Covid-19 vaccine texts scam
- 4 Stunning sunrise and sunset entries submitted for joint chamber contest
- 5 Budleigh Coronavirus Community Lifelines
- 6 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 7 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 8 'we're here to help' Budleigh Covid Support Group ready for action
- 9 Temporary seafront attractions to remain in place for the summer
- 10 There are some hard truths we need to accept about the pandemic