Charlie HIgson meets college pupils
- Credit: Archant
Exmouth Community College pupils got to quiz a top author and TV personality when they were visited by Charlie Higson.
Charlie is perhaps best known to TV viewers for appearing in the Fast Show, but in recent years he has carved out a career writing books for teenagers.
In particular, his young Bond series has now sold more than a million copies in the UK, and been translated into 24 different languages.
Charlie is now writing a series of Zombie Adventure books, and visited the college as part of the launch for his latest title, The Sacrifice.
During his visit, Charlie addressed pupils from different year groups in the school’s main hall, giving enthusiastic performances and talk about his writing career.
You may also want to watch:
He also screened a gory trailer for The Sacrifice, held a question and answer session, and gave pupils the chance to buy copies of his books, which he then signed.
Following his appearance at the college, Charlie was also interviewed by year 11 pupil Mark Briggs for Bay FM.
- 1 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 2 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 3 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 4 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 5 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 6 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 7 Early detection increases chances of successful treatment
- 8 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 9 East Budleigh 'B' continue their unbeaten snooker start
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
A college spokesman said they would like to thank Charlie for his time at the college, and also thank the college’s library team for running the event and decorating the hall.