Charlie HIgson meets college pupils
- Credit: Archant
Exmouth Community College pupils got to quiz a top author and TV personality when they were visited by Charlie Higson.
Charlie is perhaps best known to TV viewers for appearing in the Fast Show, but in recent years he has carved out a career writing books for teenagers.
In particular, his young Bond series has now sold more than a million copies in the UK, and been translated into 24 different languages.
Charlie is now writing a series of Zombie Adventure books, and visited the college as part of the launch for his latest title, The Sacrifice.
During his visit, Charlie addressed pupils from different year groups in the school’s main hall, giving enthusiastic performances and talk about his writing career.
You may also want to watch:
He also screened a gory trailer for The Sacrifice, held a question and answer session, and gave pupils the chance to buy copies of his books, which he then signed.
Following his appearance at the college, Charlie was also interviewed by year 11 pupil Mark Briggs for Bay FM.
- 1 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
- 2 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
- 3 Repair cafe opens again
- 4 Exmouth Harrier wins British Masters marathon
- 5 Communities complete vital work to protect future development
- 6 Budleigh Hub makes gearchange to Seachange
- 7 Dealer took over vulnerable people's homes in Exmouth and Exeter
- 8 Welcome opportunity to celebrate natural beauty of pebblebed heaths
- 9 Extraordinary win for Budleigh Seconds
- 10 Beacon of success: a tribute to the life and times of Spud Rowsell
A college spokesman said they would like to thank Charlie for his time at the college, and also thank the college’s library team for running the event and decorating the hall.