Charlie HIgson meets college pupils
- Credit: Archant
Exmouth Community College pupils got to quiz a top author and TV personality when they were visited by Charlie Higson.
Charlie is perhaps best known to TV viewers for appearing in the Fast Show, but in recent years he has carved out a career writing books for teenagers.
In particular, his young Bond series has now sold more than a million copies in the UK, and been translated into 24 different languages.
Charlie is now writing a series of Zombie Adventure books, and visited the college as part of the launch for his latest title, The Sacrifice.
During his visit, Charlie addressed pupils from different year groups in the school’s main hall, giving enthusiastic performances and talk about his writing career.
You may also want to watch:
He also screened a gory trailer for The Sacrifice, held a question and answer session, and gave pupils the chance to buy copies of his books, which he then signed.
Following his appearance at the college, Charlie was also interviewed by year 11 pupil Mark Briggs for Bay FM.
- 1 Recommendation for consultation on extending public space order for Exmouth to its beach
- 2 Approval for Clyst Valley regional park plan
- 3 Exmouth and Budleigh councillor retain county seats in 2021 elections
- 4 Premises licence for Mikey’s Berach Bar granted – but opening hours cut
- 5 Covid-19 vaccination programme in Devon enters next phase
- 6 Turf cutting marks start of work on college’s new £13.5m building
- 7 Exmouth’s Imperial Hotel set to reopen
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Looking forward to rediscovering the magic of the theatre
- 10 New attractions and vendors as Queen’s Drive Space gets ready for summer
A college spokesman said they would like to thank Charlie for his time at the college, and also thank the college’s library team for running the event and decorating the hall.