Charlie HIgson meets college pupils
- Credit: Archant
Exmouth Community College pupils got to quiz a top author and TV personality when they were visited by Charlie Higson.
Charlie is perhaps best known to TV viewers for appearing in the Fast Show, but in recent years he has carved out a career writing books for teenagers.
In particular, his young Bond series has now sold more than a million copies in the UK, and been translated into 24 different languages.
Charlie is now writing a series of Zombie Adventure books, and visited the college as part of the launch for his latest title, The Sacrifice.
During his visit, Charlie addressed pupils from different year groups in the school’s main hall, giving enthusiastic performances and talk about his writing career.
You may also want to watch:
He also screened a gory trailer for The Sacrifice, held a question and answer session, and gave pupils the chance to buy copies of his books, which he then signed.
Following his appearance at the college, Charlie was also interviewed by year 11 pupil Mark Briggs for Bay FM.
- 1 Milestone planning decision marks reason for optimism in the Otter Valley
- 2 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 3 Couple walking from Exmouth to Swanage in memory of Pippa
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Transition Exmouth’s ‘library of things’ project get National Lottery funding boost
- 6 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown
- 7 Introducing the Journal's newest columnst - Scott Gray
- 8 Open Door is here for the community during lockdown 3.0
- 9 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year
- 10 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
A college spokesman said they would like to thank Charlie for his time at the college, and also thank the college’s library team for running the event and decorating the hall.