Charity breakfast a big hit
More than �1,800 was raised for charity at the ‘Big Breakfast’, which was part of Budleigh Salterton’s Gala Week celebrations.
The event was at the Public Hall and raised money for Cancer Research UK and raised more than last year.
The local committee cooked and served breakfasts to the hungry masses, many of whom were queuing from 8.30am.
There was a cake, book and card, a raffle with prizes donated by Brend Hotels, The Royal Beacon Hotel, C T Staddon, and the majority of the ingredients were donated.
Sue Hunt said: “We are delighted to say that once again we were very well supported.
You may also want to watch:
“I would also like to thank our sponsors who provided the ingredients, in particular Makro, who made a very large and generous contribution, together with Sainsburys, F Milford & Sons, Greendales Farm Shop, Porky Downs in Exmouth, Hawkins Coffee, the Lawn Bakery, the Co-op and Spar in Budleigh.”
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Young stage stars tell magical story of Matilda
- 3 Explanation needed for failure to fulfil election pledge
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Photographers invited to share their favourite images
- 6 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 7 Exmouth's 'kite twins' triumph in national freestyle championships
- 8 Devon has one of the highest recycling rates in the UK
- 9 Hospiscare yarn-bomb mail trail is a delight for all to enjoy
- 10 New funding pot for community buildings in East Devon