Charity breakfast a big hit
More than �1,800 was raised for charity at the ‘Big Breakfast’, which was part of Budleigh Salterton’s Gala Week celebrations.
The event was at the Public Hall and raised money for Cancer Research UK and raised more than last year.
The local committee cooked and served breakfasts to the hungry masses, many of whom were queuing from 8.30am.
There was a cake, book and card, a raffle with prizes donated by Brend Hotels, The Royal Beacon Hotel, C T Staddon, and the majority of the ingredients were donated.
Sue Hunt said: “We are delighted to say that once again we were very well supported.
“I would also like to thank our sponsors who provided the ingredients, in particular Makro, who made a very large and generous contribution, together with Sainsburys, F Milford & Sons, Greendales Farm Shop, Porky Downs in Exmouth, Hawkins Coffee, the Lawn Bakery, the Co-op and Spar in Budleigh.”
- 1 Flats plan above town Tesco store
- 2 Careless charity shop donors cost Devon Air Ambulance money
- 3 'Rally for the Raleigh' - plan launched for community to buy village pub
- 4 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 5 Volunteers help build new shed for Mill Water School
- 6 Solomon goes to great lengths to help local food bank
- 7 Exciting Competition Day at the Budleigh Bowls Club
- 8 Citizens Advice: how to read your gas or electricity meter
- 9 Exmouth history: Iron Age and Celtic settlements
- 10 16-year-old among arrests in Christmas drink and drug driving clampdown