Charity breakfast a big hit
More than �1,800 was raised for charity at the ‘Big Breakfast’, which was part of Budleigh Salterton’s Gala Week celebrations.
The event was at the Public Hall and raised money for Cancer Research UK and raised more than last year.
The local committee cooked and served breakfasts to the hungry masses, many of whom were queuing from 8.30am.
There was a cake, book and card, a raffle with prizes donated by Brend Hotels, The Royal Beacon Hotel, C T Staddon, and the majority of the ingredients were donated.
Sue Hunt said: “We are delighted to say that once again we were very well supported.
You may also want to watch:
“I would also like to thank our sponsors who provided the ingredients, in particular Makro, who made a very large and generous contribution, together with Sainsburys, F Milford & Sons, Greendales Farm Shop, Porky Downs in Exmouth, Hawkins Coffee, the Lawn Bakery, the Co-op and Spar in Budleigh.”
- 1 Family pride for Kayleigh the Chief
- 2 New recycling centre permit scheme to kerb commercial dumping
- 3 Ban for driver who injured cyclist in Budleigh
- 4 Covid-19 test may be daunting but protecting vulnerable is eesential
- 5 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 6 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 7 Chamber inundated with snaps of Exmouth and Budleigh at sunrise and sunset
- 8 Hospiscare thanks to businesses who raised £14,500
- 9 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year
- 10 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?