Charity breakfast a big hit
More than �1,800 was raised for charity at the ‘Big Breakfast’, which was part of Budleigh Salterton’s Gala Week celebrations.
The event was at the Public Hall and raised money for Cancer Research UK and raised more than last year.
The local committee cooked and served breakfasts to the hungry masses, many of whom were queuing from 8.30am.
There was a cake, book and card, a raffle with prizes donated by Brend Hotels, The Royal Beacon Hotel, C T Staddon, and the majority of the ingredients were donated.
Sue Hunt said: “We are delighted to say that once again we were very well supported.
You may also want to watch:
“I would also like to thank our sponsors who provided the ingredients, in particular Makro, who made a very large and generous contribution, together with Sainsburys, F Milford & Sons, Greendales Farm Shop, Porky Downs in Exmouth, Hawkins Coffee, the Lawn Bakery, the Co-op and Spar in Budleigh.”
- 1 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 2 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
- 3 Exmouth Harrier wins British Masters marathon
- 4 Repair cafe opens again
- 5 Chair of council is the right man for the job
- 6 Funding boost means park team can get their skates on
- 7 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
- 8 Communities complete vital work to protect future development
- 9 The virus brought into focus many problems that were already there
- 10 Budleigh Hub makes gearchange to Seachange