Charity breakfast a big hit
More than �1,800 was raised for charity at the ‘Big Breakfast’, which was part of Budleigh Salterton’s Gala Week celebrations.
The event was at the Public Hall and raised money for Cancer Research UK and raised more than last year.
The local committee cooked and served breakfasts to the hungry masses, many of whom were queuing from 8.30am.
There was a cake, book and card, a raffle with prizes donated by Brend Hotels, The Royal Beacon Hotel, C T Staddon, and the majority of the ingredients were donated.
Sue Hunt said: “We are delighted to say that once again we were very well supported.
You may also want to watch:
“I would also like to thank our sponsors who provided the ingredients, in particular Makro, who made a very large and generous contribution, together with Sainsburys, F Milford & Sons, Greendales Farm Shop, Porky Downs in Exmouth, Hawkins Coffee, the Lawn Bakery, the Co-op and Spar in Budleigh.”
- 1 Body of girl, 13, found on Exmouth beach
- 2 Lets welcome visitors back to beautiful area of the world
- 3 Work continues on seafront sensory garden
- 4 Changes to polling stations for upcoming elections
- 5 Two seats up for grabs in town council by-election
- 6 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 7 Latest from the Devon Cricket League
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 Glowing tributes paid to Exmouth RNLI ‘legend’ Tim Mock
- 10 East Budleigh 2nds 2-1 Millwey Rise