Budleigh councillors request new bus stop and other news
Budleigh councillors have asked bus company Stagecoach to install a bus shelter at the junction of East Budleigh Road and Granary Lane. Read this and more.
PORCH BACKED: The town council has backed improvements to a porch on a building it owns.
Improvement works on Age Concern Budleigh Salterton’s Norman Centre will cost more than �3,000.
The porch on the building, which is owned by the town council and leased to the charity, is rotting.
Councillor Steve Hall said: “If it helps to improve our building stock, I support it.”
You may also want to watch:
A decision on the plans will now be made by the district council.
- 1 Changes to polling stations for upcoming elections
- 2 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 3 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 4 Plans for Beacon land to be used by hotel thrown out
- 5 Lympstone brothers raise funds and awareness as part of National Autism Week
- 6 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 7 Flowers blooming at All Saints for Easter
- 8 As we look forward to a more normal life, what will your 'legacy hand' be?
- 9 Exmouth Hospiscare centre gets cash boost from Freemasons
- 10 Next stop Queen’s Drive for Exmouth Miniature Railway!
BUS SHELTER: Budleigh councillors have asked bus company Stagecoach to install a bus shelter at the junction of East Budleigh Road and Granary Lane.
It is a site where children go to catch a bus to Exmouth Community College or Sidmouth College.
“Without a shelter, they are exposed to the elements,” said Councillor Steve Hall.
EXTENSION SUPPORTED: Town planners have supported a bid to build a single-storey extension at Up Elvestone, 9 Fore Street Hill.
Councillor Tom Wright said: “I don’t think this extension will affect anyone.”
The plans will now be considered by district planners.
AGM DISAPPOINTMENT: Just 13 people turned up to the annual general meeting of the town council last month.
And just eight of those people were not connected to the town council, elected members of other councils or invited guest speakers.