Budleigh and Exmouth pupils scoop Otterton football competition
Scores of youngsters took part in a football tournament, organised by Otterton Primary School Junior Football Club.
Pupils from Exmouth, Honiton, Budleigh Salterton and Otterton vied to be the top teams in the 2011 event, now in its fifth year.
The annual competition is held to raise funds to ensure the football club’s future.
The weekly club attracts youngster from the village and also East Budleigh.
The organisers said the tournament has gone from ‘strength to strength’ over the years.
The 2011 winners of the Under-8s cup was St Peter’s Primary School, Budleigh Salterton.
Withycombe Raleigh Primary School, Exmouth, won the Under-11s group.
- 1 Met Office weather warning for wind in East Devon
- 2 Property of the Week: Trinity Court, Sidmouth
- 3 Chiefs' rebranding dignifies the club and city
- 4 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 5 Council's process of awarding alderman title under review after John Humphreys case
- 6 Santa's sleigh and Family Fun Run: Exmouth Rotary announces Christmas events
- 7 Body of teenager found on beach in Exmouth
- 8 Budleigh author's latest book launches this week
- 9 Exeter man guilty of threatening police officer on Exmouth seafront
- 10 'All systems go' for Budleigh late-night shopping event
The organisers thanked all who supported the event, including Ladram Bay for sending Captain Scratch and Pickles the Parrot, Pat Cray for the photographs and Sarah Bell, Nicky Shipton, Steve Dabroweicki and Mike Dabrowiecki for giving up their time to referee.