Budleigh and Exmouth pupils scoop Otterton football competition
Scores of youngsters took part in a football tournament, organised by Otterton Primary School Junior Football Club.
Pupils from Exmouth, Honiton, Budleigh Salterton and Otterton vied to be the top teams in the 2011 event, now in its fifth year.
The annual competition is held to raise funds to ensure the football club’s future.
The weekly club attracts youngster from the village and also East Budleigh.
The organisers said the tournament has gone from ‘strength to strength’ over the years.
You may also want to watch:
The 2011 winners of the Under-8s cup was St Peter’s Primary School, Budleigh Salterton.
Withycombe Raleigh Primary School, Exmouth, won the Under-11s group.
- 1 There are some hard truths we need to accept about the pandemic
- 2 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 3 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 4 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 5 Reduced timetables for trains on Avocet Line, GWR announces
- 6 Stunning sunrise and sunset entries submitted for joint chamber contest
- 7 Police warning over fake Covid-19 vaccine texts scam
- 8 New year, new partnerships and opportunity - Laura Woodward-Drake
- 9 Budleigh Coronavirus Community Lifelines
- 10 Community thanked for help in setting up rapid testing centre at college
The organisers thanked all who supported the event, including Ladram Bay for sending Captain Scratch and Pickles the Parrot, Pat Cray for the photographs and Sarah Bell, Nicky Shipton, Steve Dabroweicki and Mike Dabrowiecki for giving up their time to referee.