Budleigh and Exmouth pupils scoop Otterton football competition
Scores of youngsters took part in a football tournament, organised by Otterton Primary School Junior Football Club.
Pupils from Exmouth, Honiton, Budleigh Salterton and Otterton vied to be the top teams in the 2011 event, now in its fifth year.
The annual competition is held to raise funds to ensure the football club’s future.
The weekly club attracts youngster from the village and also East Budleigh.
The organisers said the tournament has gone from ‘strength to strength’ over the years.
You may also want to watch:
The 2011 winners of the Under-8s cup was St Peter’s Primary School, Budleigh Salterton.
Withycombe Raleigh Primary School, Exmouth, won the Under-11s group.
- 1 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 2 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
- 3 Exmouth Harrier wins British Masters marathon
- 4 Chair of council is the right man for the job
- 5 Repair cafe opens again
- 6 The virus brought into focus many problems that were already there
- 7 Funding boost means park team can get their skates on
- 8 Communities complete vital work to protect future development
- 9 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
- 10 Dealer took over vulnerable people's homes in Exmouth and Exeter
The organisers thanked all who supported the event, including Ladram Bay for sending Captain Scratch and Pickles the Parrot, Pat Cray for the photographs and Sarah Bell, Nicky Shipton, Steve Dabroweicki and Mike Dabrowiecki for giving up their time to referee.