Brixington volunteers make a difference
Community volunteers have decorated Brixington Parade with flowers.
BIG –Brixington Improvement Group - is a community group made up of local residents, the Police, the Exmouth Tidy Group and local councillors.
They meet regularly to discuss issues that affect the quality of life in Brixington, ranging from dog bins to anti- social behaviour.
Councillor David Chapman said: “BIG is a group of local volunteers. “It’s aim is simple – to make living in Brixington as pleasant as possible.
“We recently worked with the school to add new flags and plant flowerbeds at the parade of shops, this is another project to try and make it look nice.
You may also want to watch:
“Particular thanks go to Exmouth in Bloom who have supported us and also Sam from Calland’s Budgens and former councillor Darryl who both climbed up the ladders!
“Councillors Maddie Chapman and Cherry Nicholas helped anchor the ladder.”
- 1 Bouncing back with our Library of Things
- 2 Exmouth Parkrun is back with a bang
- 3 Stunning displays for this year's Britain in Bloom awards
- 4 TV presenter Josie makes a splash at holiday park
- 5 Delay in Exmouth murder trial announced
- 6 Western League opener for Exmouth Town
- 7 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
- 8 Former pupil returns with inspiration after success in Paralympic Games
- 9 Creative thinking will connect artists across East Devon
- 10 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
The group also work with local shopkeepers, Beautiful Brixington, Exmouth in Bloom, Brixington School and Brixington Church, to plant flowers, paint fences, clear litter and generally get stuck in to any project that improves the look of our local area.