Brixington volunteers make a difference
Community volunteers have decorated Brixington Parade with flowers.
BIG –Brixington Improvement Group - is a community group made up of local residents, the Police, the Exmouth Tidy Group and local councillors.
They meet regularly to discuss issues that affect the quality of life in Brixington, ranging from dog bins to anti- social behaviour.
Councillor David Chapman said: “BIG is a group of local volunteers. “It’s aim is simple – to make living in Brixington as pleasant as possible.
“We recently worked with the school to add new flags and plant flowerbeds at the parade of shops, this is another project to try and make it look nice.
You may also want to watch:
“Particular thanks go to Exmouth in Bloom who have supported us and also Sam from Calland’s Budgens and former councillor Darryl who both climbed up the ladders!
“Councillors Maddie Chapman and Cherry Nicholas helped anchor the ladder.”
- 1 Milestone planning decision marks reason for optimism in the Otter Valley
- 2 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 3 Couple walking from Exmouth to Swanage in memory of Pippa
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Transition Exmouth’s ‘library of things’ project get National Lottery funding boost
- 6 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown
- 7 Introducing the Journal's newest columnst - Scott Gray
- 8 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year
- 9 Open Door is here for the community during lockdown 3.0
- 10 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?
The group also work with local shopkeepers, Beautiful Brixington, Exmouth in Bloom, Brixington School and Brixington Church, to plant flowers, paint fences, clear litter and generally get stuck in to any project that improves the look of our local area.