Brixington volunteers make a difference
Community volunteers have decorated Brixington Parade with flowers.
BIG –Brixington Improvement Group - is a community group made up of local residents, the Police, the Exmouth Tidy Group and local councillors.
They meet regularly to discuss issues that affect the quality of life in Brixington, ranging from dog bins to anti- social behaviour.
Councillor David Chapman said: “BIG is a group of local volunteers. “It’s aim is simple – to make living in Brixington as pleasant as possible.
“We recently worked with the school to add new flags and plant flowerbeds at the parade of shops, this is another project to try and make it look nice.
“Particular thanks go to Exmouth in Bloom who have supported us and also Sam from Calland’s Budgens and former councillor Darryl who both climbed up the ladders!
“Councillors Maddie Chapman and Cherry Nicholas helped anchor the ladder.”
- 1 Met Office weather warning for wind in East Devon
- 2 Dramatic rock fall at Budleigh beach prompts warnings of further collapses
- 3 Santa's sleigh and Family Fun Run: Exmouth Rotary announces Christmas events
- 4 Chiefs' rebranding dignifies the club and city
- 5 Body of teenager found on beach in Exmouth
- 6 It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas as lights are on in Exmouth
- 7 Awesome Aaron earns Exmouth win with a worldie
- 8 No choice but to charge entry for public toilets
- 9 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 10 Show of kindness helps keep people from going hungry this Christmas
The group also work with local shopkeepers, Beautiful Brixington, Exmouth in Bloom, Brixington School and Brixington Church, to plant flowers, paint fences, clear litter and generally get stuck in to any project that improves the look of our local area.