Blue team victorious at Exeter Road sports day
- Credit: Archant
Children at Exeter Road Primary School enjoyed the sunshine as they competed in the school’s annual sports day.
Youngsters from key stages one and two were divided into teams for the event which featured a range of alternative sports.
The pupils participated in an obstacle course, sprinting, skipping, sack races, a hockey dribble, javelin throwing and a variation on the egg and spoon race.
There was even a shuttle relay with the younger children only completing part of the race and year six pupils completing the full distance.
After all the events were completed it was the blue team who were crowned the ‘phoenix’ team.
You may also want to watch:
Parents also got in on the act with mums and dads competing in separate races as part of the day.
Deputy head Bev Alderson said: “It was fantastic and was very well supported by the parents; it was a lovely day.”
- 1 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 2 Police warning over fake Covid-19 vaccine texts scam
- 3 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 4 'we're here to help' Budleigh Covid Support Group ready for action
- 5 ‘We’re here to help’ - eMAG’s volunteers ready to help during latest lockdown
- 6 Budleigh Coronavirus Community Lifelines
- 7 Put the kettle on to support your local hospice
- 8 Exeter City Community Trust stepping up again
- 9 Temporary seafront attractions to remain in place for the summer
- 10 Exmouth man get Royal recognition for services to marines charity