Blue team victorious at Exeter Road sports day
- Credit: Archant
Children at Exeter Road Primary School enjoyed the sunshine as they competed in the school’s annual sports day.
Youngsters from key stages one and two were divided into teams for the event which featured a range of alternative sports.
The pupils participated in an obstacle course, sprinting, skipping, sack races, a hockey dribble, javelin throwing and a variation on the egg and spoon race.
There was even a shuttle relay with the younger children only completing part of the race and year six pupils completing the full distance.
After all the events were completed it was the blue team who were crowned the ‘phoenix’ team.
You may also want to watch:
Parents also got in on the act with mums and dads competing in separate races as part of the day.
Deputy head Bev Alderson said: “It was fantastic and was very well supported by the parents; it was a lovely day.”
- 1 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 2 John and Grace run for the heart
- 3 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 4 Blooming marvellous for Madeira bowls
- 5 Exmouth Harriers pounding the roads of York and Portsmouth
- 6 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 7 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 8 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 9 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 10 Property supply continues to be an issue as we approach the end of the year