Blue team victorious at Exeter Road sports day
- Credit: Archant
Children at Exeter Road Primary School enjoyed the sunshine as they competed in the school’s annual sports day.
Youngsters from key stages one and two were divided into teams for the event which featured a range of alternative sports.
The pupils participated in an obstacle course, sprinting, skipping, sack races, a hockey dribble, javelin throwing and a variation on the egg and spoon race.
There was even a shuttle relay with the younger children only completing part of the race and year six pupils completing the full distance.
After all the events were completed it was the blue team who were crowned the ‘phoenix’ team.
You may also want to watch:
Parents also got in on the act with mums and dads competing in separate races as part of the day.
Deputy head Bev Alderson said: “It was fantastic and was very well supported by the parents; it was a lovely day.”
- 1 Body of girl, 13, found on Exmouth beach
- 2 Lets welcome visitors back to beautiful area of the world
- 3 Work continues on seafront sensory garden
- 4 Two seats up for grabs in town council by-election
- 5 Changes to polling stations for upcoming elections
- 6 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 7 East Budleigh 2nds 2-1 Millwey Rise
- 8 Latest from the Devon Cricket League
- 9 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 10 Glowing tributes paid to Exmouth RNLI ‘legend’ Tim Mock