Bicton offers veterinary leadership
- Credit: Archant
Bicton College will be offering leadership training for veterinary practices in the region as part of a project made up of six one-day workshops.
There will also be an additional Institute of Leadership and Management tutorial day held at the college as part of the programme, which covers the essential skills and personal qualities that will produce ‘highly effective’ leaders.
Attendees will discover practical and straightforward ways to lead, organise and motivate, plus cover employment law, health and safety and customer service excellence.
Curriculum lead for animal science at Bicton College, Carol Knight, said: “This is an example of how closely we work with local businesses in our communities, and have developed a bespoke course offering, that will not only develop individual staff members, but will give existing practices a competitive edge in today’s market place.
“We offer continual professional development (CPD) days at Bicton College, and so this new leadership programme is a great extension of the services that our experienced staff can offer to both local and national veterinary practices.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information, ring 01395 562400.
- 1 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 2 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 3 A new arrival for Christmas at the Sampson household
- 4 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 5 The positive vibe from volunteering is truly uplifting
- 6 New year, new partnerships and opportunity - Laura Woodward-Drake
- 7 There are some hard truths we need to accept about the pandemic
- 8 Look to the future to find the key to motivation
- 9 Reduced timetables for trains on Avocet Line, GWR announces
- 10 Stunning sunrise and sunset entries submitted for joint chamber contest