Bicton College welcomes meerkats
- Credit: Archant
A family of meerkats has arrived at Bicton College.
Staff and students at the college’s state-of-the-art animal management centre have created a ‘meerkat paradise’ for the animals, which have joined more than 130 other species of small creatures on the college’s grounds.
Chloe Chart, head curator at the centre, said: “Everyone is delighted to welcome the meerkats.
“They are a great addition to our Animal Centre, and will be a fantastic learning resource for our students to study, as well as monitor, feed and clean.”
The college says that the presence of animals such as the meerkats helps it to train students for careers in the animal management and care industries.
You may also want to watch:
The college says it will be inviting members of the public to take part in a competition to name the meerkats, which will be open to visitors to the college’s stand at this year’s Devon County Show in May.
- 1 Delay in Exmouth murder trial announced
- 2 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 3 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
- 4 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 5 Chair of council is the right man for the job
- 6 Budleigh Lions welcome two new members
- 7 Repair cafe opens again
- 8 Dealer took over vulnerable people's homes in Exmouth and Exeter
- 9 Covid-19 measures in Devon care homes to continue
- 10 Budleigh Hub makes gearchange to Seachange