Bicton College welcomes meerkats
- Credit: Archant
A family of meerkats has arrived at Bicton College.
Staff and students at the college’s state-of-the-art animal management centre have created a ‘meerkat paradise’ for the animals, which have joined more than 130 other species of small creatures on the college’s grounds.
Chloe Chart, head curator at the centre, said: “Everyone is delighted to welcome the meerkats.
“They are a great addition to our Animal Centre, and will be a fantastic learning resource for our students to study, as well as monitor, feed and clean.”
The college says that the presence of animals such as the meerkats helps it to train students for careers in the animal management and care industries.
You may also want to watch:
The college says it will be inviting members of the public to take part in a competition to name the meerkats, which will be open to visitors to the college’s stand at this year’s Devon County Show in May.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Young stage stars tell magical story of Matilda
- 3 Explanation needed for failure to fulfil election pledge
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Photographers invited to share their favourite images
- 6 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 7 Exmouth's 'kite twins' triumph in national freestyle championships
- 8 Devon has one of the highest recycling rates in the UK
- 9 Hospiscare yarn-bomb mail trail is a delight for all to enjoy
- 10 New funding pot for community buildings in East Devon