Bicton College welcomes meerkats
- Credit: Archant
A family of meerkats has arrived at Bicton College.
Staff and students at the college’s state-of-the-art animal management centre have created a ‘meerkat paradise’ for the animals, which have joined more than 130 other species of small creatures on the college’s grounds.
Chloe Chart, head curator at the centre, said: “Everyone is delighted to welcome the meerkats.
“They are a great addition to our Animal Centre, and will be a fantastic learning resource for our students to study, as well as monitor, feed and clean.”
The college says that the presence of animals such as the meerkats helps it to train students for careers in the animal management and care industries.
You may also want to watch:
The college says it will be inviting members of the public to take part in a competition to name the meerkats, which will be open to visitors to the college’s stand at this year’s Devon County Show in May.
- 1 Family pride for Kayleigh the Chief
- 2 New recycling centre permit scheme to kerb commercial dumping
- 3 Ban for driver who injured cyclist in Budleigh
- 4 Covid-19 test may be daunting but protecting vulnerable is eesential
- 5 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 6 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 7 Chamber inundated with snaps of Exmouth and Budleigh at sunrise and sunset
- 8 Hospiscare thanks to businesses who raised £14,500
- 9 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year
- 10 Couple walking from Exmouth to Swanage in memory of Pippa