Beth reports from Wembley pitch at NFL game
An Exmouth student got to take the field at Wembley Stadium, when she interviewed officials at the stadium’s recent NFL game.
Beth Thomson, 18, who attends Exmouth Community College, was handed a press pass by the NFL to carry out interviews on the pitch, before the New England Patriots beat the St Louis Rams in front of more than 84,000 fans.
Not only did Beth get on the field before and after the game, interviewing British American Football Referees Association (BAFRA) officials, but she also got to see the post-game interviews in the stadium’s press conference room, and interviewed members of the British American Football Association (BAFA).
The reason Beth was granted a press pass is that, through the college’s Exmouth Raptors’ American football programme, she has just become the youngest member of BAFRA, and only the second female to join the association.
Beth’s interview will now be used for a BBC School Report Day item in the spring, and Raptors’ coach Rob Rooksby says the day was a great milestone for Beth and the Raptors.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “I am very grateful to the London NFL office for putting so much work into getting us the press pass for Beth at such short notice - it was a fantastic experience for Beth.
“BAFA have recognised our work in a very public way in the programme for the match saying that the college is regarded as the “benchmark” for other schools and that we are leading the way on American Football development in schools in the UK, something we can be very proud of.”
- 1 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 2 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 3 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 4 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 5 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 6 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 7 Budleigh up to third with thrilling win
- 8 Tributes flow for man who helped reshape city
- 9 '9 to 5' smash hit musical about to come your way
- 10 Property supply continues to be an issue as we approach the end of the year
BAFA’s director for student football Andy Fuller, who Beth also interviewed, said: “It was a pleasure to meet Beth.
“She is a tremendous ambassador for Exmouth Community College and their innovative American Football programme.”