Beacon pupil’s ‘torture’ teacher
CHILDREN turned out in their droves to take the rare opportunity to ‘humiliate’ the head teacher at the Beacon School’s summer fete on Saturday.
Hundreds turned out to the event at the Holy Trinity Church and by far the most popular event was Torture the Teacher.
Kids relished throwing custard pies at their head teacher, Sue Lockwood, a dinner lady and a crossing patroller.
The fete also saw pony rides, music, stalls, a bouncy castle, games cream teas, a silent auction and a raffle.
The children also got involved with their dance troupe and choir performing.
You may also want to watch:
It was all to raise money to upgrade the play facilities – so far they have got new goal posts and basketball nets and hope to raise enough for projects including a new performance stage shaped like the bow of a boat and new games for the playground.
Sue Lockwood said: “It was a really good day. The children got involved and especially enjoyed the pony rides and torture the teacher. It’s not often they get to humiliate the head teacher!”
- 1 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 2 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 3 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 4 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 5 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 6 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 7 Budleigh up to third with thrilling win
- 8 Tributes flow for man who helped reshape city
- 9 '9 to 5' smash hit musical about to come your way
- 10 Property supply continues to be an issue as we approach the end of the year