Beacon Primary School pupils set for Olympics
Pupils from The Beacon Primary School welcomed back former pupil and Olympic sailor Stevie Morrison as part of a 2012 Olympic education programme
Exmouth Olympian Stevie Morrison returned to his former school, teaming up with pupils as part of the London 2012 Get Set network.
Youngsters and staff at The Beacon Primary School received a plaque and certificate in recognition of their involvement in the London 2012 education programme.
They now join schools and colleges across the UK as members of the special London 2012 community – the Get Set network – where they will receive access to exclusive competitions and 2012 Games-related opportunities.
World sailing champion Stevie Morrison presented the school with its awards, which marks how The Beacon School pupils are ‘excellent examples’ of the way London 2012 is helping to spark young people’s imagination - inspiring them to get involved and make a difference.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Morrison said: “They have clearly demonstrated that London 2012’s education programme extends far beyond PE and sport and I hope they will motivate other young people to join their journey.”
Sebastian Coe, chairman of London 2012 Organising Committee of the Olympic Games (LOCOG), said: “I am proud to welcome The Beacon School in to the Get Set network for their exciting work around the Olympic values of friendship, excellence and respect and the Paralympic values of inspiration, courage, determination and equality.”
- 1 Milestone planning decision marks reason for optimism in the Otter Valley
- 2 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 3 Couple walking from Exmouth to Swanage in memory of Pippa
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Transition Exmouth’s ‘library of things’ project get National Lottery funding boost
- 6 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown
- 7 Introducing the Journal's newest columnst - Scott Gray
- 8 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year
- 9 Open Door is here for the community during lockdown 3.0
- 10 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?