Bassetts Farm School expansion plan unveiled
Plans for a major expansion of Bassetts Farm Primary School have been submitted by county education chiefs.
The plan is for four new classrooms to be built to the west of the existing school building, along with two group rooms, toilets, and a multi use games area (MUGA).
The school is one of four in the area which has been earmarked by Devon County Council for expansion, along with Marpool, Lympstone and Withycombe Raleigh.
Similar expansion works have already been carried out at Marpool.
Under the plan, nearly 500 extra places will be created at the schools over the coming years, with Bassetts Farm’s capacity increasing from 315 to 420.
You may also want to watch:
The Bassetts Farm plan will now be considered by Exmouth Town Council and East Devon District Council, before the county council makes the final decision.
The overall increase in school numbers is currently going through a consultation process.
- 1 ‘Thank you, I've got my Winnie back’ - man’s relief after dog collapsed on the seafront
- 2 New Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine being rolled out in Devon
- 3 The discovery of unusual items in the search for crucial paperwork - Paul Nero
- 4 Ban for driver who injured cyclist in Budleigh
- 5 ‘He’s a natural’ - landscape designer Jacob’s Oxford College success
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 8 Former Exmouth school volunteer recognised with marine conservation award
- 9 New recycling centre permit scheme to kerb commercial dumping
- 10 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony