Bassetts Farm School expansion plan unveiled
Plans for a major expansion of Bassetts Farm Primary School have been submitted by county education chiefs.
The plan is for four new classrooms to be built to the west of the existing school building, along with two group rooms, toilets, and a multi use games area (MUGA).
The school is one of four in the area which has been earmarked by Devon County Council for expansion, along with Marpool, Lympstone and Withycombe Raleigh.
Similar expansion works have already been carried out at Marpool.
Under the plan, nearly 500 extra places will be created at the schools over the coming years, with Bassetts Farm’s capacity increasing from 315 to 420.
You may also want to watch:
The Bassetts Farm plan will now be considered by Exmouth Town Council and East Devon District Council, before the county council makes the final decision.
The overall increase in school numbers is currently going through a consultation process.
- 1 LED venues set out plans for reopening on roadmap out of lockdown
- 2 Woman airlifted to hospital after Clyst St George collision
- 3 Body of girl, 13, found on Exmouth beach
- 4 Tragedy strikes the racing world
- 5 Climate Conversation programme for Exmouth and Honiton
- 6 Youngsters thriving in outdoor environment
- 7 Budleigh Male Voice Choir resuming in-person rehearsals
- 8 Lympstone relocation for Lawoofs Devon
- 9 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 10 Wild fire warning after camp fire remnants found at Bystock