Bassetts Farm School expansion plan unveiled
Plans for a major expansion of Bassetts Farm Primary School have been submitted by county education chiefs.
The plan is for four new classrooms to be built to the west of the existing school building, along with two group rooms, toilets, and a multi use games area (MUGA).
The school is one of four in the area which has been earmarked by Devon County Council for expansion, along with Marpool, Lympstone and Withycombe Raleigh.
Similar expansion works have already been carried out at Marpool.
Under the plan, nearly 500 extra places will be created at the schools over the coming years, with Bassetts Farm’s capacity increasing from 315 to 420.
The Bassetts Farm plan will now be considered by Exmouth Town Council and East Devon District Council, before the county council makes the final decision.
The overall increase in school numbers is currently going through a consultation process.
- 1 Exeter man guilty of threatening police officer on Exmouth seafront
- 2 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 3 Body of teenager found on beach in Exmouth
- 4 Brixington Blues weather the storm to blow away Broadclyst
- 5 Grants for energy efficiency improvements available for residents
- 6 Ex-tree-mely good response to Rotary saplings giveaway in Exmouth
- 7 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 8 Theatre group returns with 9 to 5 musical magic
- 9 Exmouth gears up for its Winter Festival
- 10 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?