Author Chris talks to Exmouth youngsters
- Credit: Archant
Young readers in Exmouth have had an inspirational visit from a children’s author.
Chris Bradford stopped off at Exmouth Community College on World Book Day and gave two talks - one to pupils from the college and another to youngsters from local primary schools, speaking to nearly 1000 children in total.
Chris gave dynamic presentations, promoting his Bodyguard series of books by conducting real-life bodyguard training exercises with audience members, and his Young Samurai series with the aid of a Samurai sword.
A spokesman for the college said: “Students and teachers were full of praise for Chris after his presentations.”
The college’s World Book Day celebrations also saw pupils dress up as book characters, with prizes for the best costumes handed out by principal Tony Alexander.
You may also want to watch:
For more coverage of World Book Day celebrations from schools in the Exmouth area, see page 15.
- 1 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 4 Delay to train travel this weekend
- 5 Exmouth loses out on multi-million pound funding boost
- 6 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 7 Call to arms to support your local cinema
- 8 Sound move to join singing group
- 9 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 10 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition