All Saints’ marathon support
An Exmouth pre-school hs raised �350 in support of Gayle Vaughan’s marathon efforts to raise funds for cancer care and research.
Exmouth’s All Saints pre-school youngsters have handed over �350 to support local tennis coach Gayle Vaughan’s London marathon efforts in aid of bowel and cancer research.
The children from the Church Road group donated the cash raised from their recent Christmas party.
Helena Meineck, manager of All Saints pre-school, said she was ‘proud’ of everyone who helped raise the cash and praised the new fundraising committee, Sarah Healy, Rachael Schaechter and Karen Williams, for a ‘wonderful job’ organising the party.
She said: “I am so proud of what we have achieved. In these hard times all our families did their bit and we made an amazing total of �350 for Gayle’s charity.
You may also want to watch:
“We are also a charity and are always looking for innovative ways to fundraise so that we can continue to give the children who come to the pre-school the very, very best - but we also know the importance of giving to others less fortunate than ourselves and trying to make their lives better.
“Being part of the local community is also very important for us and we are still building up relationships so that we become even more sustainable and financially viable to local families.”
- 1 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 2 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 3 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 4 Property supply continues to be an issue as we approach the end of the year
- 5 John and Grace run for the heart
- 6 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 7 Blooming marvellous for Madeira bowls
- 8 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 9 Early detection increases chances of successful treatment
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
The pre-school manager also thanked many local businesses for their support.