Academy Status for Community College
Exmouth Community College has been granted Academy Status - and can break free from local authority rule.
Exmouth Community College is to escape local authority rule after being granted Academy Status.
The changes take place from April 1 and governors believe the new status will offer greater autonomy and curriculum flexibility, an increase in funding and freedom from the local authority.
The college said it will retain its current name and philosophy.
Exmouth Community College principal Tony Alexander said: “We are committed to every child’s education in our catchment area.
You may also want to watch:
“We believe that Academy status is an excellent opportunity to build on, and maintain the outstanding education that is provided at the college and develop further the opportunities for all of our students.”
For the full story see Thursday’s Journal, on sale February 3.
- 1 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 2 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
- 3 Exmouth Harrier wins British Masters marathon
- 4 Repair cafe opens again
- 5 Chair of council is the right man for the job
- 6 Funding boost means park team can get their skates on
- 7 Communities complete vital work to protect future development
- 8 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
- 9 The virus brought into focus many problems that were already there
- 10 Estuary team invite families to go wild with summer activities