East Devon set to go to the polls
THE deadline to register to vote, including proxy and postal ballots for next week s general election on Thursday May 6 have expired.
THE deadline to register to vote, including proxy and postal ballots for next week's general election on Thursday May 6 have expired.
Prospective parliamentary candidates in no particular order are: Sharon Pavey for the Green Party, Hugo Swire for the Conservatives, Mike Amor for UKIP, Paull Robathan for the Liberal Democrats and Gareth Manson for Labour.
This year's election will see several changes to constituency boundaries and many people living within the area served by East Devon District Council will find that they are voting for candidates in either the Tiverton or Honiton or Central Devon constituencies.
While voters in Topsham, who formerly chose the Exeter MP, will now be voting for the East Devon MP.
You may also want to watch:
Deadlines for applications for proxy, postal votes and registering to vote have now expired.
If you are unsure which constituency you live in, you can check at:
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Young stage stars tell magical story of Matilda
- 3 Explanation needed for failure to fulfil election pledge
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Photographers invited to share their favourite images
- 6 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 7 Devon has one of the highest recycling rates in the UK
- 8 Exmouth's 'kite twins' triumph in national freestyle championships
- 9 Hospiscare yarn-bomb mail trail is a delight for all to enjoy
- 10 New funding pot for community buildings in East Devon
Times and locations of your nearest polling station will be on your polling card.
* In this week's Exmouth Journal it stated that the deadline to register was today Friday 30 - this is inaccurate and we apologise for the error. Deadlines are six working days before an election and not, as stated in the article, six days.