East Devon set to go to the polls
THE deadline to register to vote, including proxy and postal ballots for next week s general election on Thursday May 6 have expired.
THE deadline to register to vote, including proxy and postal ballots for next week's general election on Thursday May 6 have expired.
Prospective parliamentary candidates in no particular order are: Sharon Pavey for the Green Party, Hugo Swire for the Conservatives, Mike Amor for UKIP, Paull Robathan for the Liberal Democrats and Gareth Manson for Labour.
This year's election will see several changes to constituency boundaries and many people living within the area served by East Devon District Council will find that they are voting for candidates in either the Tiverton or Honiton or Central Devon constituencies.
While voters in Topsham, who formerly chose the Exeter MP, will now be voting for the East Devon MP.
Deadlines for applications for proxy, postal votes and registering to vote have now expired.
If you are unsure which constituency you live in, you can check at:
- 1 Rolling out the 'big tent' to help East Devon
- 2 Fears over future of Methodist church
- 3 'I am pro-vaccine, but I am also pro-choice'
- 4 Homes and shops plan approved for site behind Exmouth's Tower Street Church
- 5 Lympstone man takes on 3,000-mile rowing challenge
- 6 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 7 Withycombe ladies shine in six-try stunner
- 8 A pace for everyone with the Budleigh Runners
- 9 Free water dispensers set up in Exmouth to cut plastic waste
- 10 Six-goal classic for East Budleigh and Topsham
Times and locations of your nearest polling station will be on your polling card.
* In this week's Exmouth Journal it stated that the deadline to register was today Friday 30 - this is inaccurate and we apologise for the error. Deadlines are six working days before an election and not, as stated in the article, six days.