Pictures - East Budleigh’s scarecrow festival
- Credit: Picture: Peter Bowler
The street’s of East Budleigh were lined with a variety of straw-filled effigies for the annual scarecrow festival
The parish reverend and a postman were among those used as inspiration for this year's scarecrow festival.
Residents and businesses got creative with their designs, packing straw into clothes and putting them out on display for visitors to admire.
There was also a village crier, a mermiad, a beaver and Mr and Mrs Potato Head.
The Reverend Martin Jacques was also immortalised in straw for the festival.
You may also want to watch:
Hundreds descended on the village for the festival, which also included various displays at Salem Chapel and the village hall by youngsters from Drake's Primary Schoool, a duck race in the river, a dog show and a classic car rally. Also among the scarecrows were Bill and Ben the Flowerpot Men, and some visitors might even have seen a Loch Ness Monster in one of the village gardens.
- 1 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 2 Exmouth Hospiscare centre gets cash boost from Freemasons
- 3 Lympstone brothers raise funds and awareness as part of National Autism Week
- 4 Withycombe Ladies announce new coach
- 5 Plans for Beacon land to be used by hotel thrown out
- 6 Flowers blooming at All Saints for Easter
- 7 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 8 Last-minute drama for East Budleigh
- 9 As we look forward to a more normal life, what will your 'legacy hand' be?
- 10 Glowing tributes paid to Exmouth RNLI ‘legend’ Tim Mock