East Budleigh gets ready for scarecrow festival
- Credit: Archant
East Budleigh is gearing up for the return of its annual Scarecrow Festival, set to take place between Saturday, June 9, and Sunday, June 10.
As usual, visitors are expected to flock to the village from far and wide to see what effigies residents come up with.
There will be a trail for people to follow which directs people to the different scarecrows on display, as well as the varied activities taking place around the festival.
The event raises funds for the maintenance of All Saints Church and the churchyard.
Once again this year, the youngsters from Drake’s and Otterton primary schools will be displaying artwork at Salem Chapel.
You may also want to watch:
The Otter Valley Association will also be leading their own trail around East Budleigh spotting scarecrows and sharing the history of the village.
The Scarecrow Festival runs from 11am to 4pm on both days.
- 1 Glowing tributes paid to Exmouth RNLI ‘legend’ Tim Mock
- 2 Exmouth residents urged to have their say on WPD’s five-year plan
- 3 Builders merchant encouraging businesses to support Exmouth mental health organisation
- 4 Jurassic Fibre installs 10Gbps connection to Winslade Park
- 5 Work begins on former temporary car park on Exmouth seafront
- 6 ‘Light at the end of the tunnel’ for East Devon’s top attractions
- 7 Proper Fish and Chips expanding into Cranbrook
- 8 LED Leisure Centres ready to reopen
- 9 Fears over ‘seafront nightclub’ alleyed following licensing application concerns
- 10 Exclusive behind-the-scenes look at Mikeys Beach Bar
For more information, visit www.allsaintsbudleigh.org.uk