Duck race next month on Exmouth seafront
EXMOUTH Lions Club will be holding it s very popular Annual Duck Race on the boating lake of Exmouth Fun Park this Easter, April 4.
EXMOUTH Lions Club will be holding it's very popular Annual Duck Race on the boating lake of Exmouth Fun Park this Easter, April 4.
Anyone wishing to sponsor a 'duck' can do so on the day, or at the Magnolia kiosk in the Magnolia Centre, Exmouth, daily between 10 am and 2 pm from the 29th March until 3rd April at �1 each. Or, just come along and enjoy the atmosphere.
This year it has been decided that the prizes will be increased with a �100 for the winning duck, �60 for the second and �40 for the third. There will be a couple of consolation prizes.
On the day, Lions will be at the site from 1 pm ready for the race to start a 3 pm. The local Fire and Rescue will provide assistance - subject to any unforeseen operational commitments - and cadets of 299 Squadron ATC will be on hand to help.
You may also want to watch:
Dave Laskey of the Lions Club said: "The balance of money raised, after prizes and other costs will go to Exmouth Lions Club Welfare and Community account to help local good causes.
- 1 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 2 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 3 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 4 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 5 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 6 Early detection increases chances of successful treatment
- 7 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 8 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Who blinked first? A defining moment in humanity's existence