The Salterton Drama Club stages classic Sherlock Holmes mystery
- Credit: Mike Kerswill
Strange goings-on in the moorland, in The Hound of the Baskervilles
The sinister Sherlock Holmes tale of The Hound of the Baskervilles is The Salterton Drama Club’s latest production.
The adaptation by Tim Kelly of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s classic spinechiller is set in the drawing room of Baskerville Hall.
Sir Henry is heir to the vast Baskerville fortune, a legacy that comes with a family curse: death at the fangs of a horror that prowls the moor. Only Holmes can stop the beast.
While strange sounds and flickering lights haunt the moors and the hound terrifies the countryside, the sleuthing begins and suspicion falls on sinister servants, butterfly collectors, ladies in distress, and escaped convicts. Who wrote the letter that summoned the hound? Is Sir Henry’s romance with the lovely Kathy doomed? Is the supernatural at work?
You may also want to watch:
The show opens on Monday 3rd of December 19:30 and runs nightly until Saturday the 8th of December where there is a matinee at 14:30 only. Tickets are £10 and available from Budleigh Salterton TIC 01395 445 275
- 1 Gala Week cancelled but summer events planned
- 2 Freemasons step up to help with vaccination roll out
- 3 Third time unlucky as Exmouth man caught with abuse images jailed
- 4 Environmental issues a hot topic in Local Plan consultation
- 5 Exmouth pharmacy offering Covid-19 vaccine appointments to those in priority groups
- 6 Shoppers to boost life-changing charities impacted by Covid-19
- 7 Redwood trees are 'fantastic news for Torbay's Naturally Inspiring environment'
- 8 Banned customer jailed for 'sucker punch' attack on innocent pub diner
- 9 Speed limit trial will pave the way for safer Devon roads
- 10 'We've been overwhelmed by your support'