The Salterton Drama Club stages classic Sherlock Holmes mystery
- Credit: Mike Kerswill
Strange goings-on in the moorland, in The Hound of the Baskervilles
The sinister Sherlock Holmes tale of The Hound of the Baskervilles is The Salterton Drama Club’s latest production.
The adaptation by Tim Kelly of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s classic spinechiller is set in the drawing room of Baskerville Hall.
Sir Henry is heir to the vast Baskerville fortune, a legacy that comes with a family curse: death at the fangs of a horror that prowls the moor. Only Holmes can stop the beast.
While strange sounds and flickering lights haunt the moors and the hound terrifies the countryside, the sleuthing begins and suspicion falls on sinister servants, butterfly collectors, ladies in distress, and escaped convicts. Who wrote the letter that summoned the hound? Is Sir Henry’s romance with the lovely Kathy doomed? Is the supernatural at work?
You may also want to watch:
The show opens on Monday 3rd of December 19:30 and runs nightly until Saturday the 8th of December where there is a matinee at 14:30 only. Tickets are £10 and available from Budleigh Salterton TIC 01395 445 275
- 1 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 2 ‘Thank you, I've got my Winnie back’ - man’s relief after dog collapsed on the seafront
- 3 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 4 Rotarian laptops and tablets appeal for home schooling
- 5 Mental health nurse turned patient gearing up for sponsored walk to fund book
- 6 Dragon Patchers will continue to keep Devon's potholes filled
- 7 New Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine being rolled out in Devon
- 8 Date set for Exmouth woman's murder trial
- 9 ‘He’s a natural’ - landscape designer Jacob’s Oxford College success
- 10 Ban for driver who injured cyclist in Budleigh