Don’t slate the Staffie breed
Regarding a letter in last week s Journal entitled Upset by attack on Labrador , we have had Staffies over the years and have never had any trouble with them while out walking.
Regarding a letter in last week's Journal entitled "Upset by attack on Labrador", we have had Staffies over the years and have never had any trouble with them while out walking.
Last year, a friend said she wanted a dog that was great with children and house trained well. At the time, I had a white Staffie so, as a family, we decided, as we had three dogs, we would let our friend have our Staffie.
Our friend had always commented about having a dog like ours so we asked our friends if they would like her. The Staffie is happy and now only lives a few doors away so we know she is well cared for.
Not all Staffies are horrible - it is the way the are brought up. One of my dogs is a British bulldog crossed with a Staffie and wherever we go people will stop to say how lovely he is. He has the Staffie in him, but he is a gentle giant.
You may also want to watch:
There are people who do not put their dogs on leads, so please do not slate this breed of dog.
- 1 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 2 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 3 Sound move to join singing group
- 4 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 5 Stunning cup display from Brixington U11s
- 6 Exmouth deliver outstanding display in local derby
- 7 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 8 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 9 Plenty of evidence why Devon won't give up the ghost
- 10 The upcoming annual Budget and how it might help those struggling this winter
Maunders Hill, Otterton.