Don’t slate the Staffie breed
Regarding a letter in last week s Journal entitled Upset by attack on Labrador , we have had Staffies over the years and have never had any trouble with them while out walking.
Regarding a letter in last week's Journal entitled "Upset by attack on Labrador", we have had Staffies over the years and have never had any trouble with them while out walking.
Last year, a friend said she wanted a dog that was great with children and house trained well. At the time, I had a white Staffie so, as a family, we decided, as we had three dogs, we would let our friend have our Staffie.
Our friend had always commented about having a dog like ours so we asked our friends if they would like her. The Staffie is happy and now only lives a few doors away so we know she is well cared for.
Not all Staffies are horrible - it is the way the are brought up. One of my dogs is a British bulldog crossed with a Staffie and wherever we go people will stop to say how lovely he is. He has the Staffie in him, but he is a gentle giant.
There are people who do not put their dogs on leads, so please do not slate this breed of dog.
- 1 Exmouth RNLI save speedboat sinking on the River Exe
- 2 Exmouth RNLI rescue paddleboards caught in rip tide
- 3 Multi agency rescue on Exmouth seafront
- 4 Plastic free fest held in Exmouth
- 5 Exmouth classic car show returns this August
- 6 Local history: Withycombe Raleigh's churches
- 7 Chef from Exmouth retains Michelin two star status
- 8 South West warning for drought issued
- 9 'Step aside, Salcombe' - travel article names Exmouth as Devon's up-and-coming destination
- 10 Woman dies at scene of house fire in Exmouth
Maunders Hill, Otterton.