Dog dies after falling over cliffs on Exmouth beach
- Credit: Archant
A dog has died after falling over a cliff at Exmouth on Saturday (August 15).
Exmouth and Beer coastguard rescue teams were tasked at shortly after 9pm following reports of a dog over the cliff at Orcombe Point.
The Exmouth team was first on the scene and located the dog on the beach.
Beer Coastguard Rescue Team confirmed the dog had died.
Both coastguard rescue teams said their thoughts are with the owners.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the Exmouth coastguards said: “This is our second distressing call in 10 days to dogs over the cliff where they have died as a result.
“Please keep your dogs on a short lead on the cliff tops.”
- 1 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 2 Police warning over fake Covid-19 vaccine texts scam
- 3 'we're here to help' Budleigh Covid Support Group ready for action
- 4 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 5 Budleigh Coronavirus Community Lifelines
- 6 Put the kettle on to support your local hospice
- 7 ‘We’re here to help’ - eMAG’s volunteers ready to help during latest lockdown
- 8 Exeter City Community Trust stepping up again
- 9 Community energy funding helps TRIP coordinate thousands of requests for support
- 10 Budleigh Freemasons support the visually impaired