Do you recall actor George Arliss?
My name is John Cooper, a freelance writer. I am researching the life of George Arliss, a well known British actor of screen and theatre.
My name is John Cooper, a freelance writer. I am researching the life of George Arliss, a well known British actor of screen and theatre. He lived from 1868 to 1946, and was the first British actor to win an Academy award.
Arliss lived in Exmouth, at Linksway, in Douglas Avenue, which is now a Nursing Home.
I stayed at Linksway, then a hotel, in the early 1970s when it was then run by a Mr and Mrs House.
I should very much like to know the period of time that George Arliss lived at the property.
You may also want to watch:
Some of the ladies who staff the Exmouth Museum remember the actor driving around the town in his Rolls Royce in the mid-1930s. I should be grateful for any information regarding this truly great actor.
- 1 Exmouth road extension backed in parliament
- 2 Appeal for Lifeboat volunteer guides for new station tours
- 3 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
- 4 Budleigh's community workshop is proud of its heritage
- 5 Devon played a major role in the English Civil War
- 6 Exmouth local set to brave the shave for friend Simon
- 7 United front needed to ensure Devon does not remain the poor relation
- 8 Auctioneers are becoming more accessible by utilising new technology
- 9 A little respect goes a long way to reducing summer tensions
- 10 Former pupil returns with inspiration after success in Paralympic Games
2 Opal Way, Wokingham,