Do you recall actor George Arliss?
My name is John Cooper, a freelance writer. I am researching the life of George Arliss, a well known British actor of screen and theatre.
My name is John Cooper, a freelance writer. I am researching the life of George Arliss, a well known British actor of screen and theatre. He lived from 1868 to 1946, and was the first British actor to win an Academy award.
Arliss lived in Exmouth, at Linksway, in Douglas Avenue, which is now a Nursing Home.
I stayed at Linksway, then a hotel, in the early 1970s when it was then run by a Mr and Mrs House.
I should very much like to know the period of time that George Arliss lived at the property.
You may also want to watch:
Some of the ladies who staff the Exmouth Museum remember the actor driving around the town in his Rolls Royce in the mid-1930s. I should be grateful for any information regarding this truly great actor.
- 1 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 2 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 3 Wins for East Budleigh and the Robinettes
- 4 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 5 Covid support team thanks community for generous help
- 6 Shortage of applicants lifts starting salaries
- 7 East Devon Ladies win County Pairs comp
- 8 Champions of art and culture help connect communities
- 9 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
2 Opal Way, Wokingham,