Do you recall actor George Arliss?
My name is John Cooper, a freelance writer. I am researching the life of George Arliss, a well known British actor of screen and theatre.
My name is John Cooper, a freelance writer. I am researching the life of George Arliss, a well known British actor of screen and theatre. He lived from 1868 to 1946, and was the first British actor to win an Academy award.
Arliss lived in Exmouth, at Linksway, in Douglas Avenue, which is now a Nursing Home.
I stayed at Linksway, then a hotel, in the early 1970s when it was then run by a Mr and Mrs House.
I should very much like to know the period of time that George Arliss lived at the property.
You may also want to watch:
Some of the ladies who staff the Exmouth Museum remember the actor driving around the town in his Rolls Royce in the mid-1930s. I should be grateful for any information regarding this truly great actor.
- 1 Recommendation for consultation on extending public space order for Exmouth to its beach
- 2 Exmouth and Budleigh councillor retain county seats in 2021 elections
- 3 Turf cutting marks start of work on college’s new £13.5m building
- 4 A busy start to May for Exmouth Harriers
- 5 Premises licence for Mikey’s Berach Bar granted – but opening hours cut
- 6 Looking forward to rediscovering the magic of the theatre
- 7 Recruitment evening for Exmouth’s Air Cadets squadron
- 8 Exmouth’s Imperial Hotel set to reopen
- 9 Accountancy firm and comedy workshop company sponsoring business awards
- 10 Covid-19 vaccination programme in Devon enters next phase
2 Opal Way, Wokingham,