Divert the money
So, despite a tidal wave of objections, the “iconic” glass pavilion in Strand Gardens has been given the go-ahead by East Devon District Council.
Given that the hideous eyesore of a bus shelter outside the cinema does not look as though it’ has had its glass washed since it was built, it occurs to me how on earth are we going to pay for the cleaning of all the windows in a pavilion many times the size?
A far better idea would be to listen to popular opinion and divert the �400,000 to another council budget to spruce up the tired street furniture around the town, rid the pavements of broken slabs and weeds and provide for more street cleaning.
Hasn’t anyone told EDDC that you cannot make a silk purse from a sow’s ear?
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 4 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 5 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 6 Sound move to join singing group
- 7 Lifeboat crew rescue kitesurfing girl
- 8 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 9 Horror shows and light entertainment for Halloween viewing
- 10 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common