District council offices in lockout after possible case of Coronavirus
- Credit: Archant
A possible case of coronavirus at East Devon District Council has forced the closure of the authority’s headquarters.
Blackdown House was closed to the public at noon today (Friday, March 6) as a precautionary measure after a possible case of Coronavirus was identified in a member of staff who was returning from a high-risk country.
The district council said it will continue to provide services and apologises for any inconvenience caused.
An EDDC spokesman said: "They are displaying potential symptoms and although the risk is very low, we are taking the correct measures.
"All members of staff have been sent home and the majority will be able to continue working remotely.
You may also want to watch:
"The offices will be thoroughly cleansed, according to recommended guidelines, over the weekend and we anticipate reopening early next week."
More information and advice on Coronavirus (COVID-19) can be found on the Gov.uk website
- 1 Afghan refugees to be found temporary accommodation in Exmouth
- 2 Could building above car parks help solve housing issue?
- 3 Lions' golf day puts thousands into vital diabetes research
- 4 Exmouth Harriers running all over the UK
- 5 Tune in to free help if you get interference on your television
- 6 Exmouth driver claimed he was spooked by unmarked police car
- 7 Budleigh Salterton Parkinson's Disease T-shirt fundraiser
- 8 Five per cent of county care home staff yet to have jab
- 9 Budleigh bowlers welcome touring sides
- 10 New electric vehicle charging hubs given the green light