District council offices in lockout after possible case of Coronavirus
- Credit: Archant
A possible case of coronavirus at East Devon District Council has forced the closure of the authority’s headquarters.
Blackdown House was closed to the public at noon today (Friday, March 6) as a precautionary measure after a possible case of Coronavirus was identified in a member of staff who was returning from a high-risk country.
The district council said it will continue to provide services and apologises for any inconvenience caused.
An EDDC spokesman said: "They are displaying potential symptoms and although the risk is very low, we are taking the correct measures.
"All members of staff have been sent home and the majority will be able to continue working remotely.
You may also want to watch:
"The offices will be thoroughly cleansed, according to recommended guidelines, over the weekend and we anticipate reopening early next week."
More information and advice on Coronavirus (COVID-19) can be found on the Gov.uk website
- 1 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
- 2 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
- 3 Communities complete vital work to protect future development
- 4 Repair cafe opens again
- 5 Dealer took over vulnerable people's homes in Exmouth and Exeter
- 6 Budleigh Hub makes gearchange to Seachange
- 7 Estuary team invite families to go wild with summer activities
- 8 Exmouth Harrier wins British Masters marathon
- 9 Chair of council is the right man for the job
- 10 Funding boost means park team can get their skates on