Disabled Exmouth man treated for smoke inhalation

A disabled Brixington man was treated for smoke inhalation by Exmouth firefighters after a small blaze broke out at his home in the early hours of Thursday morning.

Fire crews were called to the Fraser Road first floor flat shortly before 2am where they found a pan on a cooker had caught fire in the kitchen.

Firefighters wore breathing apparatus and used one hose reel jet to douse the flames.

Ventilation fans were used to clear smoke from the property.

The fire service said a family living in an upstairs flat were evacuated as precaution.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter