Devon PCT in top 10 most complained about NHS bodies
DEVON Primary Care Trust is in the top 10 most complained about NHS bodies according to a report by the Health Service Ombudsman.
The trust had 84 complaints, mostly about dentistry, from 2009 to 2010 – the 10th highest number in England.
It is the first time information about how many complaints are made to the ombudsman has been made public.
The parliamentary and health service ombudsman undertakes independent investigations into complaints where government departments, a range of other public bodies and the NHS in England, have not acted properly, fairly, or have provided a poor service.
The Devon PCT said as one of the largest care trusts of its kind in the country, it would expect to receive a high number of complaints.
You may also want to watch:
The Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Foundation Trust had 30 complaints.
- 1 Exmouth deliver outstanding display in local derby
- 2 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 3 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 4 Lifeboat crew rescue kitesurfing girl
- 5 Exmouth 2nds return to action with a win
- 6 Voluntary sector shows again how it responds quickly
- 7 Sound move to join singing group
- 8 Plenty of evidence why Devon won't give up the ghost
- 9 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 10 The upcoming annual Budget and how it might help those struggling this winter