Devon magazine fails to mention Exmouth
A MAGAZINE lists events for the disabled across the county has angered a visually-impaired town councillor who says it failed to mention Devon s largest town even once.
A MAGAZINE lists events for the disabled across the county has angered a visually-impaired town councillor who says it failed to mention Devon's largest town even once.
The Devon Link Magazine is a free quarterly magazine published by Devon Social Services as a resource for people who have physical and or sensory disabilities, their carers, and people who are Deaf with sign language.
But councillor Steve Gazzard said that the latest edition magazine did not mention Exmouth - and is calling for backing from his colleagues at the town council meeting on Monday to ensure the town manager is kept informed.
He said: "It was extremely disappointing that in the latest magazine not one article referred to Exmouth.
You may also want to watch:
"It is understood that the Chamber of Trade and Commerce and the Tourist Information Centre are consulted about its contents.
"This council calls upon DCC to fully involve out town manager Mr Tony Collins in providing articles about Exmouth for further issues as Exmouth is the largest town in Devon.
- 1 Recommendation for consultation on extending public space order for Exmouth to its beach
- 2 Exmouth and Budleigh councillor retain county seats in 2021 elections
- 3 A busy start to May for Exmouth Harriers
- 4 Premises licence for Mikey’s Berach Bar granted – but opening hours cut
- 5 Turf cutting marks start of work on college’s new £13.5m building
- 6 Looking forward to rediscovering the magic of the theatre
- 7 Recruitment evening for Exmouth’s Air Cadets squadron
- 8 Exmouth’s Imperial Hotel set to reopen
- 9 Accountancy firm and comedy workshop company sponsoring business awards
- 10 Covid-19 vaccination programme in Devon enters next phase
"He has his ginger on the pulse of the town and is best placed.