Devon magazine fails to mention Exmouth
A MAGAZINE lists events for the disabled across the county has angered a visually-impaired town councillor who says it failed to mention Devon s largest town even once.
A MAGAZINE lists events for the disabled across the county has angered a visually-impaired town councillor who says it failed to mention Devon's largest town even once.
The Devon Link Magazine is a free quarterly magazine published by Devon Social Services as a resource for people who have physical and or sensory disabilities, their carers, and people who are Deaf with sign language.
But councillor Steve Gazzard said that the latest edition magazine did not mention Exmouth - and is calling for backing from his colleagues at the town council meeting on Monday to ensure the town manager is kept informed.
He said: "It was extremely disappointing that in the latest magazine not one article referred to Exmouth.
You may also want to watch:
"It is understood that the Chamber of Trade and Commerce and the Tourist Information Centre are consulted about its contents.
"This council calls upon DCC to fully involve out town manager Mr Tony Collins in providing articles about Exmouth for further issues as Exmouth is the largest town in Devon.
- 1 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 2 There are some hard truths we need to accept about the pandemic
- 3 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 4 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 5 A new arrival for Christmas at the Sampson household
- 6 New year, new partnerships and opportunity - Laura Woodward-Drake
- 7 Reduced timetables for trains on Avocet Line, GWR announces
- 8 Stunning sunrise and sunset entries submitted for joint chamber contest
- 9 Police warning over fake Covid-19 vaccine texts scam
- 10 Budleigh Coronavirus Community Lifelines
"He has his ginger on the pulse of the town and is best placed.