Devon child dies after E.coli infection
A CHILD from Devon has died after being infected with E.coli. It is believed the child is a toddler but the Health Protection Agency said no further details would be released due to patient confidentiality. A spokesperson for the HPA said no clear source
A CHILD from Devon has died after being infected with E.coli.
It is believed the child is a toddler but the Health Protection Agency said no further details would be released due to patient confidentiality.
A spokesperson for the HPA said no clear source and no other cases have been linked to the infection.
The spokesperson said: "The Health Protection Agency with local partners have been investigating a case of E.coli 0157 in a child from Devon, who recently died.
You may also want to watch:
"Our thoughts are with the family at this time, and no further details are being released due to patient confidentiality"
The E.coli bacterium is usually transferred to humans by ingesting contaminated water or contaminated food which has not been cooked properly.
- 1 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?
- 2 Milestone planning decision marks reason for optimism in the Otter Valley
- 3 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 4 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown
- 5 Transition Exmouth’s ‘library of things’ project get National Lottery funding boost
- 6 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 7 Introducing the Journal's newest columnst - Scott Gray
- 8 The positive vibe from volunteering is truly uplifting
- 9 Couple walking from Exmouth to Swanage in memory of Pippa
- 10 Open Door is here for the community during lockdown 3.0
Exmouth's World of Country Life closed its petting farm and deer train ride last month while the HPA and its partners conducted a full epidemiological and microbiological investigation.
This was following three confirmed cases of E. coli O157 who had potential links with the visitor attraction.
The individuals affected have all recovered well from the infection and there has been no confirmation the site was the source in those cases.