In his infinite wisdom, the Chief Executive of East Devon District Council, Mark Williams, has yet again rejected calls for a Parish Referendum on the Strand Pavilion building on the grounds it has nothing to do with parish affairs.
Alleged other brilliantly credible reasons for not having a poll include:
1. You can’t have a poll on days that
end in a Y.
2. Any decision about Exmouth must be made outside of Exmouth.
3. The seagulls have already approved the ‘all-glass’ pavilion.
4. The building might take off at any time back to the planet it originated from so, technically, we would have to ask the aliens for a poll.
- 1 Bathing still banned at Exmouth due to pollution but restrictions lifted for Budleigh
- 2 Passenger banned from sitting next to girls on the bus
- 3 Bathing banned at Exmouth and Budleigh due to pollution
- 4 A-level results day for students at Exmouth Community College
- 5 CANCELLED - McFly's Exmouth concert called off
- 6 Exe Estuary cleared of ‘navigational obstructions’ by harbour patrol team
- 7 Recycle collection boxes installed at Exmouth Specsavers
- 8 Budleigh Salterton Male Voice Choir come to Topsham
- 9 Police asking for help in reducing demand this summer
- 10 Multi agency rescue on Exmouth seafront
Are we are not worthy of democratic thought? I mean, the idea that we could be in control of what happens in our own town by election is just crazy.
Thank goodness for the council. Where would we all be without them?