Dementia sufferes can seek advice at Topsham cafe
DEMENTIA sufferers and their carers can seek advice on the condition at special memory cafes being launched in Topsham. The Estuary League of Friends is to start a series of meetings next month where people can gain information on what help is available a
DEMENTIA sufferers and their carers can seek advice on the condition at special memory cafes being launched in Topsham.
The Estuary League of Friends is to start a series of meetings next month where people can gain information on what help is available and to share issues that affect them.
Dates and times of the sessions will be released shortly.
Rachel Gilpin, chief executive of the charity, said: "This will be an opportunity for Dementia sufferers and their carers to meet regularly, to get information on what help is available, and to share the issues that affect them.
You may also want to watch:
"It'll also be helpful for them to know they're not alone with these issues - in a rapidly ageing society. There are more and more families facing these circumstances."
The charity is also appealing to the public for items to go into a Memory Box to help those suffering from dementia or memory problems.
- 1 Afghan refugees to be found temporary accommodation in Exmouth
- 2 Darcey makes ballerina's day
- 3 Tough day at the office for the Withies
- 4 Wider ramifications of this summer's traveller troubles
- 5 Lions' golf day puts thousands into vital diabetes research
- 6 Budleigh Salterton Parkinson's Disease T-shirt fundraiser
- 7 Exmouth Harriers running all over the UK
- 8 Could building above car parks help solve housing issue?
- 9 Exmouth driver claimed he was spooked by unmarked police car
- 10 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
"We're not looking for valuable items or ones that are necessarily 'local' to our area, but we want items that will help trigger the memory of older people," said Rachel.
She added: "Items that they can hold and see are really useful for us."
Anyone with items for the memory box should call Rachel or her team on (01392) 879009 or email: email@example.com.