Damage to Exmouth Amateurs clubhouse
THE CHAIRMAN of Exmouth Amateurs is saddened after a burst water pipe at the club s headquarters caused the ceiling to collapse leading to thousands of pounds worth of damage. A pipe burst at the clubhouse, in Warren View, last Friday, January 8, causing
THE CHAIRMAN of Exmouth Amateurs is saddened after a burst water pipe at the club's headquarters caused the ceiling to collapse leading to thousands of pounds worth of damage.
A pipe burst at the clubhouse, in Warren View, last Friday, January 8, causing internal ceilings to cave in.
Ross England, chairman of the club whose first team play in the Devon & Exeter football league, said the damage could total more than �2000.
He added: "There are a lot of things soddened and damaged. We are trying to clean it all up but cannot do that much until the insurers have had a look.
"The electricity is off until they can check it out. It missed the bar and kitchen but parts of the clubhouse as well as the gents and ladies toilets were badly hit.
"Fortunately, Saturday's game was already called off.
- 1 'Rally for the Raleigh' - plan launched for community to buy village pub
- 2 Solomon goes to great lengths to help local food bank
- 3 Careless charity shop donors cost Devon Air Ambulance money
- 4 16-year-old among arrests in Christmas drink and drug driving clampdown
- 5 Battling Cockles pipped by title-chasing Old Reds
- 6 Volunteers help build new shed for Mill Water School
- 7 Cocktails and fine dining on the menu at Exmouth hotel
- 8 The Jays of East Budleigh back in the winners circle
- 9 Young people sought for Covid vaccine research
- 10 East Devon economy bouncing back from Covid
"We did have an incident like this last year but nothing to this extent. It was right down near the changing room area. It always seems to happen at extreme ends of the building."
Ross said the incident was testament to the bad wintery weather the country has experienced in the last few weeks.
"We have never had cold weather like this with the temperatures dropping.