Damage to Exmouth Amateurs clubhouse
THE CHAIRMAN of Exmouth Amateurs is saddened after a burst water pipe at the club s headquarters caused the ceiling to collapse leading to thousands of pounds worth of damage. A pipe burst at the clubhouse, in Warren View, last Friday, January 8, causing
THE CHAIRMAN of Exmouth Amateurs is saddened after a burst water pipe at the club's headquarters caused the ceiling to collapse leading to thousands of pounds worth of damage.
A pipe burst at the clubhouse, in Warren View, last Friday, January 8, causing internal ceilings to cave in.
Ross England, chairman of the club whose first team play in the Devon & Exeter football league, said the damage could total more than �2000.
He added: "There are a lot of things soddened and damaged. We are trying to clean it all up but cannot do that much until the insurers have had a look.
"The electricity is off until they can check it out. It missed the bar and kitchen but parts of the clubhouse as well as the gents and ladies toilets were badly hit.
"Fortunately, Saturday's game was already called off.
- 1 Bathing still banned at Exmouth due to pollution but restrictions lifted for Budleigh
- 2 Passenger banned from sitting next to girls on the bus
- 3 A-level results day for students at Exmouth Community College
- 4 Bathing banned at Exmouth and Budleigh due to pollution
- 5 CANCELLED - McFly's Exmouth concert called off
- 6 Exe Estuary cleared of ‘navigational obstructions’ by harbour patrol team
- 7 'Step aside, Salcombe' - travel article names Exmouth as Devon's up-and-coming destination
- 8 Budleigh Salterton Male Voice Choir come to Topsham
- 9 Recycle collection boxes installed at Exmouth Specsavers
- 10 Exeter College achieve 'amazing results' as students discover their higher education grades
"We did have an incident like this last year but nothing to this extent. It was right down near the changing room area. It always seems to happen at extreme ends of the building."
Ross said the incident was testament to the bad wintery weather the country has experienced in the last few weeks.
"We have never had cold weather like this with the temperatures dropping.