Dad’s Army event supports charity
Fans of one of TV’s greatest sitcoms have raised �1,400 for the Mark Marshall Youth Fund.
The charity held ‘An Evening with Dad’s Army’ at Matthews Hall, hosted by star of the show and Topsham resident Bill Pertwee.
The evening was also attended by Exeter Lord Mayor Stella Brock, who has made the fund her charity of the year.
Around 170 people attended, and they enjoyed NAAFI style refreshments, 1940s music and artefacts, Dad’s Army merchandise, and screenings of two episodes of the show.
Bill also gave a talk and question and answer session, and signed copies of Dad’s Army books.
You may also want to watch:
The money raised will go towards the charity’s funding of young people’s activities, in memory of former Topsham PCSO Marshall, who was killed in Afghanistan last year.
- 1 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 2 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 3 Sound move to join singing group
- 4 Exmouth deliver outstanding display in local derby
- 5 Lifeboat crew rescue kitesurfing girl
- 6 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 7 Plenty of evidence why Devon won't give up the ghost
- 8 Stunning cup display from Brixington U11s
- 9 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 10 The upcoming annual Budget and how it might help those struggling this winter