Cycle ride for Exmouth MS sufferer
A GROUP of cyclists have embarked on a gruelling ride from Lands End to John O Groats in support of an Exmouth man who has multiple sclerosis. Mike Moxey, of St John s Road, was diagnosed with secondary progressive multiple sclerosis in 2001. His nephew,
A GROUP of cyclists have embarked on a gruelling ride from Lands End to John O'Groats in support of an Exmouth man who has multiple sclerosis.
Mike Moxey, of St John's Road, was diagnosed with secondary progressive multiple sclerosis in 2001.
His nephew, Peter Moxey, 27, Laura Miskelly, 24, and 17-year-old Michael Miskelly, set off on the ride last Saturday, August 15.
The trio hope to cycle more than 60 miles a day to complete the challenge in just 15 days to raise money for the Exeter and District MS Society branch.
You may also want to watch:
Peter said: "I wanted to organise the cycle ride because it's about the most challenging thing I could put my body through.
"I thought that by setting a real challenge I could raise as much charity as possible."
- 1 Premises licence for Mikey’s Berach Bar granted – but opening hours cut
- 2 Recommendation for consultation on extending public space order for Exmouth to its beach
- 3 Approval for Clyst Valley regional park plan
- 4 Exmouth’s Imperial Hotel set to reopen
- 5 Exmouth and Budleigh councillor retain county seats in 2021 elections
- 6 Covid-19 vaccination programme in Devon enters next phase
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 New attractions and vendors as Queen’s Drive Space gets ready for summer
- 9 Junior rugby returns after a year of frustration
- 10 Exmouth folk and visitors love their coffee!
Multiple sclerosis sufferer Mike is a past chairman of the Exeter and District MS branch which has a support group in Exmouth.
Peter hopes he will be able to pass on the donations at a charity cabaret night at Exmouth Pavilion on September 12. He added: "Local branches of the MS Society do great work.