Cycle ride for Exmouth MS sufferer
A GROUP of cyclists have embarked on a gruelling ride from Lands End to John O Groats in support of an Exmouth man who has multiple sclerosis. Mike Moxey, of St John s Road, was diagnosed with secondary progressive multiple sclerosis in 2001. His nephew,
A GROUP of cyclists have embarked on a gruelling ride from Lands End to John O'Groats in support of an Exmouth man who has multiple sclerosis.
Mike Moxey, of St John's Road, was diagnosed with secondary progressive multiple sclerosis in 2001.
His nephew, Peter Moxey, 27, Laura Miskelly, 24, and 17-year-old Michael Miskelly, set off on the ride last Saturday, August 15.
The trio hope to cycle more than 60 miles a day to complete the challenge in just 15 days to raise money for the Exeter and District MS Society branch.
You may also want to watch:
Peter said: "I wanted to organise the cycle ride because it's about the most challenging thing I could put my body through.
"I thought that by setting a real challenge I could raise as much charity as possible."
- 1 There are some hard truths we need to accept about the pandemic
- 2 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 3 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 4 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 5 Stunning sunrise and sunset entries submitted for joint chamber contest
- 6 Reduced timetables for trains on Avocet Line, GWR announces
- 7 Police warning over fake Covid-19 vaccine texts scam
- 8 New year, new partnerships and opportunity - Laura Woodward-Drake
- 9 Budleigh Coronavirus Community Lifelines
- 10 'we're here to help' Budleigh Covid Support Group ready for action
Multiple sclerosis sufferer Mike is a past chairman of the Exeter and District MS branch which has a support group in Exmouth.
Peter hopes he will be able to pass on the donations at a charity cabaret night at Exmouth Pavilion on September 12. He added: "Local branches of the MS Society do great work.