Cycle ride for Exmouth MS sufferer
A GROUP of cyclists have embarked on a gruelling ride from Lands End to John O Groats in support of an Exmouth man who has multiple sclerosis. Mike Moxey, of St John s Road, was diagnosed with secondary progressive multiple sclerosis in 2001. His nephew,
A GROUP of cyclists have embarked on a gruelling ride from Lands End to John O'Groats in support of an Exmouth man who has multiple sclerosis.
Mike Moxey, of St John's Road, was diagnosed with secondary progressive multiple sclerosis in 2001.
His nephew, Peter Moxey, 27, Laura Miskelly, 24, and 17-year-old Michael Miskelly, set off on the ride last Saturday, August 15.
The trio hope to cycle more than 60 miles a day to complete the challenge in just 15 days to raise money for the Exeter and District MS Society branch.
You may also want to watch:
Peter said: "I wanted to organise the cycle ride because it's about the most challenging thing I could put my body through.
"I thought that by setting a real challenge I could raise as much charity as possible."
- 1 Exmouth road extension backed in parliament
- 2 Appeal for Lifeboat volunteer guides for new station tours
- 3 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
- 4 Budleigh's community workshop is proud of its heritage
- 5 Devon played a major role in the English Civil War
- 6 Exmouth local set to brave the shave for friend Simon
- 7 United front needed to ensure Devon does not remain the poor relation
- 8 Auctioneers are becoming more accessible by utilising new technology
- 9 A little respect goes a long way to reducing summer tensions
- 10 Former pupil returns with inspiration after success in Paralympic Games
Multiple sclerosis sufferer Mike is a past chairman of the Exeter and District MS branch which has a support group in Exmouth.
Peter hopes he will be able to pass on the donations at a charity cabaret night at Exmouth Pavilion on September 12. He added: "Local branches of the MS Society do great work.