OH, great! I see on the front page of the Exmouth Journal, March 17, we are going to have more idiots on bikes in this town. Only this week, I was told by an adult biker, cycling UP Albion Hill, against the one-way system, that “It did not count for bikes”.
We have to put up with cyclists on the pavement, not taking any notice of pelican or traffic lights, cycling along Maer Walk (which holds a �50 fine), as does cycling along Pavilion Walk.
You say “Major coup” in your headline, I say “Major disaster”.
It is about time the town council used their powers and stopped this blatant flaunting of the law and, at the same time, collect some much-needed revenue in fines.
EDITOR’S NOTE: Mr Marshall refers to an article saying the Tour of Britain is expected to visit Exmouth this summer.
- 1 Met Office weather warning for wind in East Devon
- 2 Dramatic rock fall at Budleigh beach prompts warnings of further collapses
- 3 Santa's sleigh and Family Fun Run: Exmouth Rotary announces Christmas events
- 4 Chiefs' rebranding dignifies the club and city
- 5 Body of teenager found on beach in Exmouth
- 6 It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas as lights are on in Exmouth
- 7 Awesome Aaron earns Exmouth win with a worldie
- 8 No choice but to charge entry for public toilets
- 9 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 10 Show of kindness helps keep people from going hungry this Christmas