Cutbacks will hit tourism
I am amazed East Devon District Council should seek to economise on two small items of expense �the promenade lights and gardens - which bring enjoyment to the visitors to Exmouth who bring in so much of the town s revenue.
I am amazed East Devon District Council should seek to economise on two small items of expense �the promenade lights and gardens - which bring enjoyment to the visitors to Exmouth who bring in so much of the town's revenue.
I note this move is announced within a week of the start of the �1.3 million scheme in The Strand by Devon County Council to enhance the town. Is this what is known as 'joined-up thinking'?
More pertinently, one might enquire whether the other resorts under the control of the district council, like Sidmouth and Seaton, or perhaps even the gardens at the offices at Knowle, have been asked to make similar economies. If not, why not?
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Are you ready to play hotel's Game of Stones?
- 2 Finest display of the season for Exmouth Town
- 3 Concept of 'live local' more important than ever in housing crisis
- 4 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 5 Exe Raid Regatta on Exmouth water
- 6 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 7 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 8 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 9 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 10 Exmouth Harriers pounding the roads of York and Portsmouth