Cuddly critters could be fundraisers
An Exmouth mother is planning to help primary schools raise funds using their unwanted old uniforms.
Ruth Douglas has created Keepsake Critters – a range of cuddly animal toys made from old clothes.
Ruth originally designed the toys to sell to families as their children grew up, turning their old clothes into animal mementos, but has now created School Owls, a design which uses old school uniforms to create customised toys which could be sold by school PTAs to raise funds.
Ruth said: “Most uniforms have a cardigan or jumper with the school logo embroidered on it.
“I take the clothes and create a funky owl that displays the school logo on his tummy (pictured above).
You may also want to watch:
“I’d really like to get involved with the local schools, and for School Owl to become a way to fund-raise through PTAs to help support our schools and the local community.”
For more information visit www.keepsakecritters.co.uk
- 1 Are you ready to play hotel's Game of Stones?
- 2 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 3 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 4 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 5 Concept of 'live local' more important than ever in housing crisis
- 6 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 7 Exe Raid Regatta on Exmouth water
- 8 Exmouth Harriers pounding the roads of York and Portsmouth
- 9 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 10 Property supply continues to be an issue as we approach the end of the year