Crowds turn out for Topsham communal feast
CROWDS of hungry festival-goers satisfied their appetites at Topsham’s famous longest table event.
Around 2,000 people dined together at the communal feast on Sunday, June 20, held as part of the three-day food festival.
The idea for the longest table was originally that of Nello Ghezzo, a local restaurateur who tragically died of cancer in 1999.
The annual Force Century Challenge bicycle ride, where participants can choose either a 55 or 100-mile route and starts and ends at Topsham Rugby Club, is also held in memory of Nello.
Topsham Food Festival, a celebration of locally-sourced produce, also included workshops, demonstrations, live music and other activities.
You may also want to watch:
The first festival took place in 2008.
- 1 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 2 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 3 Sound move to join singing group
- 4 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 5 Stunning cup display from Brixington U11s
- 6 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 7 Exmouth deliver outstanding display in local derby
- 8 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 9 Plenty of evidence why Devon won't give up the ghost
- 10 Lifeboat crew rescue kitesurfing girl