Crowds turn out for Exmouth Christmas Cracker
EXMOUTH town centre was transformed into a sea of festive fun last weekend as crowds of people attended the Christmas Cracker events.
Hundreds of people flocked to the Strand Gardens when, on Friday night, the sky lit up with an impressive firework display and the Christmas tree lights were switched on.
As in previous years, The Strand played host to the main activities for the festive spectacle.
There were an array of stall for people to peruse around and entertainment was provided by a number of bands and acts on the Strand stage.
The success of the event will come as a relief to organisers at Exmouth Town Council after news that the ice rink which was meant to be a key feature would not go ahead.
You may also want to watch:
A lorry transporting the rink got stuck in Folkstone as a result of heavy snowfall and could not make it across in time for the festive extravaganza.
It is hoped to reschedule the rink for a date early next year.
- 1 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 2 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 3 Exmouth deliver outstanding display in local derby
- 4 Lifeboat crew rescue kitesurfing girl
- 5 Exmouth 2nds return to action with a win
- 6 Sound move to join singing group
- 7 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 8 Plenty of evidence why Devon won't give up the ghost
- 9 The upcoming annual Budget and how it might help those struggling this winter
- 10 Withies pick up their first away win of the season in Cornwall
See this week’s Exmouth Journal for a full review of the Christmas Cracker.