Woman admits racially- and religiously-aggravated assault
- Credit: PA
Below are some of the recent cases dealt with by North and East Devon Magistrates sitting in Exeter.
* Speeding on the M5 landed a man from Beer with a £66 fine.
Peter Black, of Park Road, Beer, admitted driving above a 50mph limit between junctions 25 and 24 of the motorway on March 8 last year when he appeared before North and East Devon Magistrates sitting in Exeter on Monday (February 14).
Black, 60, was handed three points on his driving licence and fined £66. He was also ordered to pay a victim surcharge of £34.
* A 30-year-old woman has been handed a suspended sentence after she admitted a racially- and religiously-aggravated assault in Axminster.
Michaela Kathlynn Winn, of Everest Drive, Seaton, was given a nine-week sentence, suspended for 12 months, over an assault in Axminster on May 8 last year.
Winn will also have to complete 180 hours of unpaid work and pay £250 in compensation to the victim.
* A 44-year-old man admitted drug-driving when he appeared before magistrates.
Matthew Peter Harris, of Brook Road, Budleigh Salterton, appeared before North and East Devon Magistrates on Monday (February 14).
- 1 Morning dip at Budleigh gets ‘seal’ of approval
- 2 Budleigh gift shop named among region's best
- 3 Ladram Bay to feature in 'staycation' TV show
- 4 Exmouth’s Sarah can see ‘bigger picture’ thanks to diabetes prevention programme
- 5 Budleigh councillors 'aflush' with town loo options
- 6 Budleigh gears up for Gala Week
- 7 Jubilee Big Band concert at Exmouth Pavilion
- 8 Bailiffs instructed to evict caravans from Exmouth site ‘as soon as possible’
- 9 Put the bunting out - East Devon gets ready for Jubilee revelry
- 10 Drama club stage sci-fi spoof comedy play
He pleaded guilty to drug driving in Hampshire on June 15 last year.
Harris, 44, was banned from driving for 12 months and fined £200. He was also ordered to pay a victim surcharge of £34 and costs of £85.