Crime levels in Topsham fall
LATEST police statistics have revealed the level of crime in Topsham and Countess Wear has decreased. The average number of crimes in the area, based on incidents for last December, January and February, has dropped by nearly five per cent compared to the
LATEST police statistics have revealed the level of crime in Topsham and Countess Wear has decreased.
The average number of crimes in the area, based on incidents for last December, January and February, has dropped by nearly five per cent compared to the same period twelve months ago.
It is the second consecutive quarter that the level of incidents has fallen.
PC Kevin Wetherell said: "We are very fortunate in Topsham that these figures tend to be of a very low level anyway and it will be difficult to get them any lower quite frankly.
You may also want to watch:
"The numbers are also being reduced Exeter-wide as well which is good news."
Devon and Cornwall police figures revealed there was a total of 78 crimes for December, January and February - compared with 98 and 83 respectively for the two previous quarters.
- 1 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 2 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 3 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 4 Property supply continues to be an issue as we approach the end of the year
- 5 John and Grace run for the heart
- 6 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 7 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 8 Blooming marvellous for Madeira bowls
- 9 Early detection increases chances of successful treatment
- 10 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
In terms of the type of crimes being committed in the two areas, the average number of burglaries has decreased by 50 per cent compared to the same three month period last year.
The level of violence and vehicle crimes, however, has increased.
Anti-social behaviour has decreased with Topsham and Countess Wear remaining the second lowest out of all Exeter neighbourhoods - placed 14th in a list of 16 areas in and around the city.