Crime levels in Topsham fall
LATEST police statistics have revealed the level of crime in Topsham and Countess Wear has decreased. The average number of crimes in the area, based on incidents for last December, January and February, has dropped by nearly five per cent compared to the
LATEST police statistics have revealed the level of crime in Topsham and Countess Wear has decreased.
The average number of crimes in the area, based on incidents for last December, January and February, has dropped by nearly five per cent compared to the same period twelve months ago.
It is the second consecutive quarter that the level of incidents has fallen.
PC Kevin Wetherell said: "We are very fortunate in Topsham that these figures tend to be of a very low level anyway and it will be difficult to get them any lower quite frankly.
You may also want to watch:
"The numbers are also being reduced Exeter-wide as well which is good news."
Devon and Cornwall police figures revealed there was a total of 78 crimes for December, January and February - compared with 98 and 83 respectively for the two previous quarters.
- 1 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
- 2 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 3 Chair of council is the right man for the job
- 4 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
- 5 Funding boost means park team can get their skates on
- 6 Estuary team invite families to go wild with summer activities
- 7 Repair cafe opens again
- 8 Communities complete vital work to protect future development
- 9 Dealer took over vulnerable people's homes in Exmouth and Exeter
- 10 The virus brought into focus many problems that were already there
In terms of the type of crimes being committed in the two areas, the average number of burglaries has decreased by 50 per cent compared to the same three month period last year.
The level of violence and vehicle crimes, however, has increased.
Anti-social behaviour has decreased with Topsham and Countess Wear remaining the second lowest out of all Exeter neighbourhoods - placed 14th in a list of 16 areas in and around the city.