Crime levels in Topsham fall
LATEST police statistics have revealed the level of crime in Topsham and Countess Wear has decreased. The average number of crimes in the area, based on incidents for last December, January and February, has dropped by nearly five per cent compared to the
LATEST police statistics have revealed the level of crime in Topsham and Countess Wear has decreased.
The average number of crimes in the area, based on incidents for last December, January and February, has dropped by nearly five per cent compared to the same period twelve months ago.
It is the second consecutive quarter that the level of incidents has fallen.
PC Kevin Wetherell said: "We are very fortunate in Topsham that these figures tend to be of a very low level anyway and it will be difficult to get them any lower quite frankly.
"The numbers are also being reduced Exeter-wide as well which is good news."
Devon and Cornwall police figures revealed there was a total of 78 crimes for December, January and February - compared with 98 and 83 respectively for the two previous quarters.
- 1 Bailiffs instructed to evict caravans from Exmouth site ‘as soon as possible’
- 2 Exeter cargo plane deemed 'beyond economical repair'
- 3 Ladram Bay to feature in 'staycation' TV show
- 4 Full line-up announced for Exmouth Festival
- 5 Exmouth launderette donating duvet charge to Save the Children
- 6 Gang responsible for bringing a kilo of drugs into Devon jailed for 23 years
- 7 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 8 Giving the Monarchy a bad name...
- 9 Found: Wanted man from Exmouth
- 10 Witness appeal after Exmouth assault
In terms of the type of crimes being committed in the two areas, the average number of burglaries has decreased by 50 per cent compared to the same three month period last year.
The level of violence and vehicle crimes, however, has increased.
Anti-social behaviour has decreased with Topsham and Countess Wear remaining the second lowest out of all Exeter neighbourhoods - placed 14th in a list of 16 areas in and around the city.