Crews tackle ‘accidental’ fire in Exmouth
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews were called out to an ‘accidental’ kitchen fire last week in Exmouth.
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue services were called out to Bapton Lane, at 8.16pm on Friday, April 21, to tackle the blaze which left two people needing treatment for smoke inhalation.
A spokesman for the emergency services said: “The cause was accidental.
“Upon arrival crews confirmed fire within ground floor kitchen of domestic property, crews set to work to extinguish the fire using four breathing apparatus, one hose reel jet, one covering jet, thermal image camera and positive pressure ventilation.
“The kitchen was severely damaged by the fire and the remainder of the property was heavily smoke damaged.
You may also want to watch:
“Two casualties were treated on scene by ambulance personnel for smoke inhalation.”
- 1 Glowing tributes paid to Exmouth RNLI ‘legend’ Tim Mock
- 2 Exmouth residents urged to have their say on WPD’s five-year plan
- 3 Builders merchant encouraging businesses to support Exmouth mental health organisation
- 4 Jurassic Fibre installs 10Gbps connection to Winslade Park
- 5 Work begins on former temporary car park on Exmouth seafront
- 6 ‘Light at the end of the tunnel’ for East Devon’s top attractions
- 7 Proper Fish and Chips expanding into Cranbrook
- 8 LED Leisure Centres ready to reopen
- 9 Fears over ‘seafront nightclub’ alleyed following licensing application concerns
- 10 Activities for all ages at Budleigh health and wellbeing hub